[Agenda/Discussion] Collateral Onboarding Call #9 - Wednesday, September 23 17:00 UTC

Time in your local-timezone format:

2020-09-23T17:00:00Z

Dial In Details

Zoom Call

Passcode: 314223

Intro

Welcome to another collateral onboarding call, where we’ll discuss potential assets for MCD, open for anyone to join.

• For questions, discussions and feedback on the call, please check out this thread!
  • If you’d like to present a project, check out this thread

Agenda

Zoom Call // Passcode: 314223

Intro

by @juanjuan

Presentation 1: Aave

@marczeller and Stani from Aave will be presenting their token:

Presentation 2: Gemini

@tylerwiklevoss, from Gemini will be presenting GUSD:

Open discussion and Q&A form.

See you there!

3 Likes

Collateral Call Summary - Episode #9

September 24th, 2020

Agenda

• 00:00: Intro with Juan Guillén
  • 01:00: Aave with Stani and Marc
  • 10:40: Q&A and Discussion about Aave
  • 21:20: Gemini with Tyler Winklevoss
  • 35:00: Q&A and Discussion about Gemini

Video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGBj0ouZP88&feature=youtu.be

Introduction

Juan Guillén

Agenda and Preamble

00:00

• Welcome everyone, my name is Juan and I’m here with 21 people involved in one way or another with MakerDAO.
  • The idea of this call is to have people present their projects and have a discussion around it.
  • Today we have Stani and Marc from Aave and Tyler Winklevoss and Cameron from Gemini.
  • Discussions about collateral happen in the Forum.

Aave

Stani and Marc

Presentation

01:00

Discussion

Gemini

Tyler Winklevoss

Presentation

21:20

Discussion

Closing Comment

Juan Guillén

Outro

59:40

• Thanks to Stani, Marc, Tyler, Eric, Marshall, and Cameron and everyone else for participating.
  • Let’s keep the conversation going in the forum.
  • If you would like to present a project, please let us know in the forum thread.

Credits

• @Gala produced this summary.
  • Everyone who spoke and presented on the call, listed in the headers.
2 Likes

Hi, please post the recording. Will there be a link here?

Hi, @Philinje.

VIdeo is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGBj0ouZP88
Summary on its way! : )

2 Likes

Juan, on behalf of the Gemini team, I would like to thank you and the Maker community for its consideration of GUSD as a new collateral type. We appreciate the chance to join the Collateral Call and make our case for GUSD.

Please let us know what else you might need from us and what next steps we should expect. Thank you.

-Tyler

10 Likes

Thanks for joining us, @tylerwinklevoss.
It was great having you and hearing your insights.

Let’s keep the momentum going and hopefully we can get the OK from all the domain teams and incorporate GUSD as soon as possible.

1 Like

Greetings, @LongForWisdom @charlesstlouis @primoz @amyjung @NikKunkel @cmooney @wil @brianmcmichael @lucas-manuel and larger the Maker community. I and the Gemini team are grateful for the chance to participate on the Collateral Call last week on Wednesday, September 23rd, regarding GUSD as a new collateral type.

Please let us know how we can keep the momentum going for greenlights on Oracles, Smart Contracts, and Risk. As always, I am the team are available to hop on the phone/zoom to answer any questions. We are really looking forward to working together on this!

Onward and upward,

-Tyler

7 Likes

Hey @tylerwinklevoss, oracles should be easy, as we will likely be using a DSValue set to $1 for GUSD. Since there was no reason to block on the oracles team, I was planning on starting work for GUSD this afternoon with @hexonaut. I’ll let you know if we have any questions.

7 Likes

Awesome, thanks for your message. Sounds good, will stay tuned!

2 Likes

We got reasonably far along in the review and will finish it up on Monday. @hexonaut is planning on working up the join adapter on Monday. Hopefully we can deploy to kovan shortly after that.

9 Likes

Great, thanks for the update. Have a great weekend. Looking forward to Monday!

1 Like

Collateral Assessment is up:

There is also a possible GemJoin implementation here:

Next steps will be for the smart contracts domain team to find time to work up a deployment on kovan; however, prior to that we need collateral assessments from oracles and risk.

2 Likes

Awesome, thanks for the update! Let us know how we can keep the momentum going w/r/t Collateral Assessments from Oracles and Risk and then subsequent deployment on Kovan by the Smart Contracts Domain Team. As always, I and my teammates at Gemini are happy to hop on the phone/zoom anytime if that helps. Thank you.

cc @LongForWisdom @charlesstlouis @primoz @amyjung @NikKunkel @wil @brianmcmichael @lucas-manuel

2 Likes