[Agenda/Discussion] Scientific Governance and Risk #145 - Thursday, June 10 17:00 UTC


The zoom waiting room will be on, and a password is set to: 748478, please ping us in chat if you aren’t let in from the waiting room. This Agenda will be updated over the following week leading up to the call as people make me aware they want segments.



  • @prose11: Hosting, Introduction, Agenda.

Weekly Updates

I’d encourage those listed to try keep this to 5 minutes!


  • Formal Submission Review
  • Discussion on UNIV2DAIUSDC-A Changes

Discussions and General Q&A

  • An anonymous Question Box is now available! Leave your question here and we’ll try to address it.

Comment Reserved for Call Summary

G&R #145 Snippet

Domain team updates, Collateral Onboarding, active discussions, and more. All the updates from MakerDAO Governance and Risk Call # in this snippet.

Team Updates


Protocol Engineering

  • Rates Group Changes coming for this week’s Executive.
  • Centrifuge assets might be pushed back a bit to consider Debt Ceiling sizes following some audits.
  • DSSProxy actions received changes to support Sushi LP tokens.
  • Continuing to work on Sushi Adapter, waiting on MasterChef v2.
  • Tidying up DSSVest, the module for distributing MKR to teams.
  • D3M Discussions ongoing with Aave, starting to think about the different cases around that, including Emergency Shutdown.
  • Vote Delegation is completed, currently passing RPC tests, with an audit completed by ABDK.
  • DSS-Flash-Mint module is getting code finalized.
  • Reference Keeper Bot published, we intend to keep it up to date.
  • Admin stuff; We transferred audits and tooling agreements from the Foundation to the DAO.
  • We’ve been evaluating stETH and its implications.
  • Lots of L2 work is happening. We’ve been talking to every L2 provider in the space about what it would look like for MakerDAO to be there.


  • Oracle Core Unit MIPs in Formal Submission for June!
  • Bunch of whitelisting polls for Yearn access to Oracles.
  • We want to move ahead with a proposal to give the Oracles Core Unit special permissions around Oracle whitelisting.
  • Lots of talks around staked ETH. stETH is hard to make a reliable Oracle for since there is only liquidity in the Curve pool.
  • We recommend that UNIV2DAIUSDC CR shouldn’t be set lower than 102%
  • We are leaving Liquidations off on UNIV2DAIUSDC.


  • We are finishing the last two evaluations for SUSHI.
  • Next potential collateral onboardings are being discussed; we will be focused on stETH, D3M implementation, and Polygon collateral.
  • D3M risk evaluation will require more attention than regular collateral onboarding.
  • Adding new metrics to our risk dashboard. Auctions metrics are coming soon!
  • We are deploying a simulator to simulate losses for Maker loans based on parameters picked.

Real-World Finance


  • Miami had many meetings. Aave Pro to understand different DAI pools. Celsius, too for institutional vaults and their token. It could work with E3M implementation.
  • See all in the Weekly update

Sustainable Ecosystem Scaling

  • Project Dogfood moving ahead, this is a project that helps other Core Units get set up.
  • Discussing three potential future Core Units.
  • SES portal coming soon!
  • Incubation Program Updates
    • dTalent Core Unit is live.
    • DUX Core Unit on its way.


  • Bi-Weekly update
  • Main focus for this week was hiring, focusing on writers and video producers.
  • The vote for the MakerDAO Mascot was a tie between dragon and capybara. We are creating an art contest as the next step.


Core Unit Focused submissions

Other Presentations and Updates

  • A forum member added a Gov-Alpha budget modification; this is a new situation for core units to explore.
  • Executive copy will reflect the adjustment of the UNIV2DAIUSDC vault CR. Reach out to the Governance team if you have any problems with the parameter adjustment.