G&R #151 Snippet
Domain team updates, Collateral Onboarding, active discussions, and more. All the updates from MakerDAO Governance and Risk Call #151 are in this
GovAlpha Weekly Update
- No polls ended this week. However, two sets of polls are active. Both are greenlit polls: G-UNIv3-DAIUSDC and U-Drop Tokens.
- Ratification polls are still active.
- Last week’s executive has not yet passed.
@longforwisdom created a thorough post on the Delegation process.
- Will be hosting the new Meet Your Delegate calls on Wednesday, July 28th @ 18:00 UTC.
- GovAlpha Budget will be updated per quarter instead of the regular 2-quarter update.
MIPs Portal has some new addition, which will be live today!
Forum at a Glance: July 15 - 22
- PE team members in Paris at ETHCC.
- Centrifuge collateral types to kovan.
- Working on review for mainnet spell.
- DssVest code (still in audit).
- Lerp helpers in DssExecLib.
- ClipperCallee implementation for SushiJoin (still in review).
- Will start on Goerli soon.
- DssCharter review and discussion with risk/growth.
- Weekly Spell Postmortem soon.
- End of next week will be the Oracle Team’s last week in the Maker Foundation. The CU legal entity is coming out. Currently identifying new processes to spin up.
- Libp2p deployment is continuing. Moved on to a new phase and within the final stages of the rollout.
- Have been looking at stETH and Oracles needed for the Fast Dai Withdrawal Bridge for Optimism.
- Added Oracle support for MATIC. Testing is now underway, and we will deploy MATIC within the next few weeks.
- Still working on simulations on lower LR Vaults.
- Working on Aave monitor, which will include information on the largest Vault users. Similar monitor will be built for Compound.
- Vault users and their behavior, which includes growth and risk-related topics.
- Made some updates and will be publishing to the Collateral Onboarding Prioritization Sheet
- Began working on gUNIDAI risk assessments, which will be available next week.
@aes published an MakerDAO Budget Analysis on the Forum. Please, review as this contains important information.
- SolarX project reevaluation. Will focus on the second project that is in line with them.
- Have been working on the MIP for communication between MakerDAO and the Cayman Foundation.
Growth CU weekly update
- Had a Maker Mafia side event yesterday.
- Gustav and Nadia participated in EthCC, speaking about RWAs and the transition of the Foundation in the DAO.
- Have been working with GrayScale on including MKR in the latest Defi Fund launch. In the following weeks, we will also begin educational programs for investors.
Content Production CU weekly update
- Included a Quarterly Update for operations.
- Proposed budget for the next quarter is currently passing. Thanks for voting!
- Focus for the next few weeks includes creating audio and video clips for Maker Relay. Last week’s clips are already up on YouTube!
- Have been working with Governance and PE teams on plans and ideas for explainer videos. We are looking for feedback.
- The Art Contest Promo involving the mascot for MakerDAO is still running until the end of the month. Send submission to [email protected] by July 31st.
- The community portal is redirected and now points at MakerDAO.world. Requires some additional work and updates in the back-end to completely finish.
- Kat had the opportunity to speak at the Maker Mafia event yesterday at EthCC.
- Posted on Forum about conducting brand research. Please, sign up for it. We are looking for people to speak with (15-30 minute commitment).
Sustainable Ecosystem Scaling
- Presented at EthCC with Lenkla.
- Last week’s call happened with @andy about roles and responsibilities. Available in public folder.
- Tomorrow, we will have a call with @nikolaj about the incubation program update.
Dai Foundation MIP Set is in RFC. We are looking for feedback.
- CU focused on auctions and liquidations, UIs, and services.
- CU to manage a bug bounty program and security-related activities.
- dTalent CU is now live.
- dUX CU is now live.
- RWA: Collateral Onboarding: Untangled on July 30th.
- KYM with B.Protocol Declaration of Intent on August 11th.
- Some of the CUs, along with MIP52, are struggling to pass their ratification votes.
Other Presentations and Updates
Restructuring Marketing in MakerDAO
@cmooney proposes the idea for improved marketing or the idea of a marketing-related CU.
@Planet_X proposes that the community should start over again from scratch and repurpose our agenda for marketing in MakerDAO.
@davidutro believes that we should not restart from scratch. He states that the AmaZix Marketing CU is a derivative team and is technically similar to starting from scratch without losing time, value, and money.
For a further in-depth discussion, please read the complete and comprehensive G&R #151 Call Summary, which will be available by Tuesday, July 27.