Call for MakerDAO Facilitators to share a multisig

MakerDAO Facilitators,

I am asking five volunteers who can share the multisig of a Moonshot Fund of 5 million DAI. Here’s a brief explanation of why this is needed:

• The proposed Strategic Marcomms unit identifies and anticipates a problem of ad campaigns that require confidentiality and swift decisions, which the DAO can’t easily provide.
  • The heart of the problem is that the unit wouldn’t be able to share details or data of an upcoming campaigns as signing NDAs is a standard business practice.
  • The unit comes up with the Moonshot Fund as a solution, putting aside 5 million DAI which enables the unit to act on offers that provide great opportunities with high ROI.
  • To ensure the Moonshot Fund is safely guarded, I ask five facilitators who can share the multisig of the fund in a separate wallet.
    *This way, it eases concerns by some of the community members, and it also enables the Strategic Marcomms to perform its mandate.

You can find relevant and related posts here:
Strategic Marcomms Core Unit & Budget
[Campaigning] Vote NO on “Inclusion Poll for Strategic Marcomms Core Unit MIP Set - May 10, 2021”
Are we having a loud minority problem?
[CAMPAIGN: MIP39c2-SP9] Vote YES on “Inclusion Poll for Strategic Marcomms Core Unit MIP Set – May 10, 2021.”

The discussions have also taken place in the governance-and-risk channel in Maker’s Rocket Chat.

Adding MakerDAO Facilitators here to increase the visibility of this post. @longforwisdom @davidutro @primoz @SebVentures @derek @Nadia @Coulter @MakerMikeP @seth @amyjung @juan

8 Likes

Hey Kathleen,

Just a heads up: I moved this thread from the MIPs category to Governance and added several useful tags.

2 Likes

Thanks Elihu.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.