Call for Proposals (CFPs) is an experimental framework from the Operational Support domain to encourage open applications for building and/or coordinating around potential core units. It expands upon these signals by @iammeeoh.
The goal is to further nurture high-level needs from the MakerDAO community, build potential Facilitator candidates in a pipeline, and offer an opportunity for crowdsourcing best solutions.
A few benefits to this approach:
- Better exploration for open ended needs
- Offer an opportunity for proposals to develop before submitting a Core Unit MIP
- Offers opportunities for those interested in leading an initiative
- Opportunity to work with other community members (such as facilitators)
- Crowdsource better ideas
- Give a more fair and open evaluation rather than resumes and closed interviews
- The community can give and receive feedback
- Even if proposers are not selected for the role, they can continue to contribute to the community
Anyone is able to submit a “Call for Proposals”, which signals roles or initiatives that are looking for organizers or leads.
Generally, the Community should be looking for candidates who:
- Demonstrate intellectual curiosity
- Willingness to navigate MakerDAO and the community
- Develop processes for researching, gathering information and constraints
- Ability to communicate results and process clearly
- Ask critical questions around the why, what, and how