CES Core Unit Update | #1

As the first update of the CES Core Unit, I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone in the community supporting the ratification of CES. I realize we had about 30k MKR that voted against CES. I would encourage any of you that did not support CES, for whatever reason, to reach out to me and share your thoughts and opinions. You will find I encourage feedback of all types and I am ready to listen.

Activities this week focused on business entity/core unit formation and recruiting/hiring. These tasks are critical in the next 0-3 months.

Business Entity/Core Unit Formation

• Hired Launch Legal, www.techlawstartup.com, to assist with the business entity formation as a Wyoming LLC
    • Entity name: Clio (klee-oh) Finance, clio.finance
  • Confirmed multisig signers and Auditor’s Wallet setup, Gnosis Safe
  • IT setup tasks
  • CES budget preparation/confirmation for 2021-10-08 executive vote
  • Various conversations with core unit facilitators and team members
  • Setup a variety of meetings with business service providers for Core Unit operations

Recruiting/Hiring

• Worked closely with the SES Talent Incubation Core Unit on recruiting activities (they ROCK!)
  • Four smart contract engineering candidates in the pipeline
    • Offer stage for one of the candidates - start date Nov 15 2021
  • Two product manager candidates in the pipeline
  • One advisor commitment, advisor agreement being put in place

Other

• Plugging into the normal meetings as a Core Unit Facilitator for Collateral
  • Confirmed speaking engagement at ETH Portland
    • Topic: Beyond the Maker Foundation – I will be sharing my experiences on managing the Foundation’s transition into the DAO/Community and the progress we have made to date.

As always, let me know if you have any feedback or questions. Enjoy your weekend!

5 Likes

History is your Muse? Or just like the name?

You got it!

Clio was a Greek mythological muse and Goddess, featured in heroic poetry and history. I mean, we could use a little feminine energy in this place! lol

1 Like