As the first update of the CES Core Unit, I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone in the community supporting the ratification of CES. I realize we had about 30k MKR that voted against CES. I would encourage any of you that did not support CES, for whatever reason, to reach out to me and share your thoughts and opinions. You will find I encourage feedback of all types and I am ready to listen.
Activities this week focused on business entity/core unit formation and recruiting/hiring. These tasks are critical in the next 0-3 months.
Business Entity/Core Unit Formation
- Hired Launch Legal, www.techlawstartup.com, to assist with the business entity formation as a Wyoming LLC
- Entity name: Clio (klee-oh) Finance, clio.finance
- Confirmed multisig signers and Auditor’s Wallet setup, Gnosis Safe
- IT setup tasks
- CES budget preparation/confirmation for 2021-10-08 executive vote
- Various conversations with core unit facilitators and team members
- Setup a variety of meetings with business service providers for Core Unit operations
- Worked closely with the SES Talent Incubation Core Unit on recruiting activities (they ROCK!)
- Four smart contract engineering candidates in the pipeline
- Offer stage for one of the candidates - start date Nov 15 2021
- Two product manager candidates in the pipeline
- One advisor commitment, advisor agreement being put in place
- Plugging into the normal meetings as a Core Unit Facilitator for Collateral
- Confirmed speaking engagement at ETH Portland
- Topic: Beyond the Maker Foundation – I will be sharing my experiences on managing the Foundation’s transition into the DAO/Community and the progress we have made to date.
As always, let me know if you have any feedback or questions. Enjoy your weekend!