Dear MKR Community.
I’m the Alex Dreyfus, founder of $CHZ Chiliz, a 2-year-old blockchain venture based in Malta with 60 employees. We are the official crypto & blockchain partner of FC Barcelona, Juventus, Paris Saint-Germain, OG (DOTA2), and many other household brands.
We’ve been invited to participate in the onboarding process. While we realize we are not Chainlink or one of the major traditional digital assets, we believe our application should be explored by the community as we are unique in what we do, we could bring eventually a completely new usage/opportunities in mainstream applications.
So here we come feel free to shoot questions. I will also edit the thread in the next few days, when I feel we are missing some information.
1. Who is the interested party for this collateral application?
Chiliz ($CHZ) which is run by HX Entertainment Ltd (Malta).
2. Provide a brief high-level overview of the project, with a focus on the applying collateral token.
Our venture is tokenizing the fan influence of sports teams. We are working with 10+ of the biggest sports teams in the world already like FC Barcelona, Juventus, Paris Saint-Germain, AS Roma, Atletico Madrid, OG (DOTA2), Galatasaray, Independiente (Argentina) and more to be announced soon.
We are creating “Fan Tokens” which are Fungible Tokens (explorer.chiliz.com) for each of these teams on our platforms. Fans can download the app Socios.com (200k+ download in since launch, with a goal of 1m by end of the year) and participate in the real life of the club, by having a voice.
We recently launched the trading of JUV token (Juventus) https://www.financemagnates.com/cryptocurrency/news/chiliz-begins-juventus-fan-token-trading-more-in-pipeline/ which will be followed by all other tokens we have launched with clubs.
We aim to be more and more visible in the crypto sphere and we believe that embracing MKR and Collateral would add utility to $CHZ and the global vision of promoting crypto as a mainstream product.
This is part of a bigger global strategy in our partnerships roadmap with crypto ventures, like we did with Chainlink (LINK) & Enjin (ENJ).
3. Provide a brief history of the project.
Chiliz and its Consumer-Facing app, Socios.com were founded early 2018 in Malta by an experienced team with Online Gaming, Sports Betting, Technology & Media background. We raised $60m in a private placement in H1 2018 with strategic partners like Binance, OKEX (OK Blockchain Capital), Ceyuan Ventures (Beijing), etc … We have very strong communities in Japan, Korea (with an active office), Turkey, Europe and Latam.
We are 60+ people, mainly based in Malta.
We are now preparing the launch of an updated version of our mobile app, including trading, debit card, community features, and many strategic innovations.
4. Link the whitepaper, documentation portals, and source code for the system(s) that interact with the proposed collateral, and all relevant Ethereum addresses. If the system is complex, schematic(s) are especially appreciated.
I guess the most important information are available on there :
www.chiliz.com: main site and especially with our colleagues (https://www.chiliz.com/docs/CHZ_whitepaper.pdf)
www.socios.com: our consumer-facing product, with all partners, etc…
5. Link any available audits of the project. Both procedural and smart contract focused audits.
Our CHZ smart contract was audited by CERTIK : https://certificate.certik.io/?key=75067dbf2eaa13d94c68c85349345e86d6fcb7dd5a118ce300053696756798c2
6. Link to any active communities relating to your project.
Our Twitter account are:
7. How is the applying collateral type currently used?
$CHZ is the utility token of the whole ecosystem of Chiliz & Socios.com. It is like the $BNB of Sports & Entertainment. it’s used on Socios.com mobile app, but also on Chiliz.net exchange - the first crypto exchange for sports tokens (JUV/CHZ, BAR/CHZ, PSG/CHZ, etc …). It will become more and more a mainstream digital asset promoted by some of the biggest brands in the world.
8. Does one organization bear legal responsibility for the collateral? What jurisdiction does that organization reside in?
$CHZ is issued by Malta-registered company HX Entertainment Limited, where most of the employees are based. The company is audited and privately owned by the founders and venture capital firms.
9. Where does exchange for the asset occur?
$CHZ is listed on strategic exchanges like Binance.com, UpBit (KRW), Paribu (Turkey), Coinone (Korea), Wazirx (India) (https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/chiliz/#markets)
10. (Optional) Has your project obtained any legal opinions or memoranda regarding the regulatory standing of the token or an explanation of the same from the perspective of any jurisdiction? If so, those materials should be provided for community review.
Yes. We have signed Legal Opinion issued by expert law firms in the US, South Korea, Malta and a few more.
11. (Optional) Describe whether there are any regulatory registrations for the token and provide related documentation (including an explanation of any past or existing interactions with any regulatory authorities, regardless of jurisdiction), if applicable.
12. (Optional) List any possible oracle data sources for the proposed Collateral type.
Chainlink to offer $CHZ oracle data source.
13. (Optional) List any parties interested in taking part in liquidations for the proposed Collateral type.