I found this news useful and interesting and I +1 liked your post!
However, just for the sake of discussion, I wonder if we want this type of posts in the MakerDAO forum, considering that it is:
- general crypto news with no (apparent?) direct link with MakerDAO. Although one could see Maker as margining trading platform, but that’s a bit of a stretch.
- there are a lot of other generic crypto news sources of infos (including the speculation channel in our chat)
- if there is a proliferation of these posts, the forum could be flooded by news unrelated to MakerDAO, and this would make it hard(er) to navigate.
2022: replace “margin” with nothing. In order to protect their currencies - it would be logical for countries to severely limit crypto trading - i.e.:
- no privacy coins (done),
- no deposits from tornado/mixers (in progress?)
- deposits from whitelisted crypto addresses only
- withdrawals to whitelisted crypto addresses only
- limit the amount of crypto a person can trade in a year (Russia - done?)
- automatic deduction of taxes before fiat withdrawals
- no paying with crypto without KYC
- no loading of credit cards with crypto
On the Real to Real Bit: https://twitter.com/brian_armstrong/status/1331744884856741888
Last week we heard rumors that the U.S. Treasury and Secretary Mnuchin were planning to rush out some new regulation regarding self-hosted crypto wallets before the end of his term. I’m concerned that this would have unintended side effects, and wanted to share those concerns. –B. Armstrong
They about to KYC us all the way to the moon…