[📄] Collateral Onboarding Call #23: xDAI / STAKE - Wednesday, January 13th 18:00 UTC

Time in your local-timezone format:

2021-01-13T18:00:00Z

Dial In Details

Zoom Call

Passcode: ONBOARD

Intro

Welcome to another collateral onboarding call, where we discuss potential assets for MCD and potential integrations for DAI’s supply and demand. Open for anyone to join.

If you’d like to present, check out this thread.

Agenda

Intro

by @juanjuan

xDai Team

https://xdaichain.com/
by @igorbarinov & Andrew

See you there!

attn: @amyjung; @blimpa ; @overanalyser ; @Primoz ; @g_dip ; @akash ; @g_dip ; @ElProgreso ; @Planet_X; @Deimos ; @iammeeoh ; @nanexcool

See you there!

7 Likes

Collateral Call Summary - Episode #23

January 13th, 2021

Agenda

• 00:00: Introduction with Juan Guillén
  • 00:47: xDai with Igor Barinov and Andrew Gross
  • 44:13: Special Guest Patricio Worthalter from Proof Of Attendance Protocol
  • Q&A and Discussion about xDai was interspersed in the presentation
  • 01:10:28: Closing comment

Video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1dbId69vJo

Introduction

Juan Guillén

Agenda and Preamble

00:00

• Welcome to another MakerDAO Collateral Call. Today we have the xDai team, a very interesting project. We also have Patricio from POAP, the Proof Of Attendance Protocol, joining as a special guest; he’s going to be describing his own project afterwards.
  • Discussions about collateral happen in the Forum.

xDai

Igor Barinov and Andrew Gross

Presentation

00:47

06:24 — Juan Guillén: Dai to xDai is not one-to-one, right?

13:54 — Question in chat: Even if gas is payed in Dai, which is stable, what prevents gas from increasing over time, so breaking the stable property of xDai?
16:56 — Correct me if I’m wrong, but I think xDai is like a sidechain which is PoS instead of PoW, so we have these validators and it’s cheaper to process these transactions. And I find it really cool that my address on Ethereum is the same address on xDai

24:46 — Tim Black: Did we cover how much STAKE is needed to become a validator?
27:15 — Juan Guillén: Regarding the rewards, are the fees that are consumed distributed among validators?
30:23 — Payton Rose: I was curious about the cost for using the bridge between the two
35:20 — Question in chat: Will STAKERers eventually be able to get rewards from using the tokens […] ERC20 locked in the bridge for some extra profit?

Special Guest Patricio Worthalter

58:43Free discussion
01:06:40 — Juan Guillén: L2 chains do settlements every couple of weeks or so. If a mint a POAP in xDai, am I supposed to receive it after two weeks on Ethereum?

Closing Comment

Juan Guillén

Outro

01:10:28

• Patricio, how can people learn more about POAP and find you and follow you et cetera? (01:10:28) I actually wrote a tiny tutorial on how to create a POAP for your event; it’s on definotes.com — and yeah: it’s super straightforward. Let’s keep the discussion in the forum. Looking forward to see how this evolves. Thank you for joining us.

Credits

• @blimpa produced this summary.
  • Everyone who spoke and presented on the call, listed in the headers.
1 Like

This is exciting! I will try to attend!

But to be sure, will the call be recorded and uploaded to YouTube or something?

Thanks!

It will.

Hope to see you (and everyone else) there with interesting questions.

1 Like

Video recording for those interested: https://youtu.be/C1dbId69vJo

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.