Greetings from the Content Production Core Unit! Previous updates have focused on our actual content production but some comments were made on our last update about the team’s output so we’re switching up the format to try and be more transparent about all of the work we’ve been doing to get the team up and running.
We’ve put a lot of effort into understanding what it takes to accommodate candidates who prefer to enjoy the perks of traditional employment rather than a higher pay rate (healthcare/insurance, w2 instead of 1099, 401k, etc.).
- Set up accounting
- Set up a business bank account
- Created job ads and conducted interviews for three positions
- Hired and started onboarding one writer and one video producer
- Made an offer to a social media/community manager
We’ve created a dashboard to track the Requests for Comment we’ve received from the community. Please note this is not an exhaustive list of the content the team is producing; just the work we’re collaborating on with other Core Units.
- Met with dTalent (being incubated by SES) to support the development of a Talent Portal.
- Published video, audio, and a transcription of the AMA with William Remor of Real-World Finance
- Hosted a discussion on marketing and product development
- Transcribed What the World is Doing With Dai Featuring CurioInvest
- Met with SES to discuss needs around the Community Portal
- Published Maker Relay Ep 49 and Ep 50
- Started planning updates to the Community Portal
In the coming weeks, we’ll be:
- Announcing details of the Mascot Logo Contest to decide between the Capybara and Dragon for MakerDAO’s mascot
- Continuing work on the Community Portal
- Starting to work on the production of educational videos
- Hosting an AMA on Centrifuge and Tinlake With Lea, Lucas, and Martin
- Strategizing with GovComms to expand the scope of Maker Relay
- And more!