Core Unit Tools #05 through: Bitwage - April 16th, 16:00 UTC

Time in your local-timezone format:
2021-04-16T16:00:00Z

Core Unit Tools #05 through

Bitwage

In this episode we’ll be joined by Bitwage. They create solutions for remote workers looking for work and to optimally receive their wages.

As usual, @juanjuan will be doing the hosting :heart:

Dial-in Details

Zoom call
Passcode: COREUNIT

Alternatively, use this:

Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kdYmK1Gv2D
Meeting ID: 829 4277 3725
Passcode: COREUNIT

Attn : @amyjung, @nadia, @ElProgreso, @g_dip, @Planet-x, @Doo, @juan_K, @SebVentures, @davidutro, @Kathleen_Chu, @lollike, @Jerry.g, @seth, @derek, @monet_supply, @marianoDP

3 Likes

Recording is on Youtube Core Unit Tools #05 through: Bitwage - April 16th, 2021 - YouTube

2 Likes

Core Unit Tools #05: Bitwage

April 16th, 2021

Agenda

• 00:00: Introduction with Juan Guillén
  • 00:42: Bitwage with Fabiano, Jonathan, Matt, and Raúl

Video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGJ-oAneFDc

Introduction

Juan Guillén

Agenda and Preamble

00:00

• Hi, everyone. Welcome to Core Unit Tools #5. Today we’re going to be getting to know a bit more what Bitwage is.
  • Today I’m very happy to be with Fabiano, Jonathan, Matt, and Raúl from Bitwage, who are going to be telling us a bit more about this.
  • For other episodes of Core Unit Tools, please check the forum.

Presentation

Fabiano, Jonathan, Matt, and Raúl from Bitwage

00:42

08:22 — Juan Guillén: To be an individual who receives their wage there, do you need your company to be already signed up? Is that a prerequisite?

08:54 — Juan Guillén: Potentially an individual could decide to use Bitwage even if the company is not in the system

28:31 — Question in the chat: Is there any current example of a company in the US paying Latin American employees that are not a contractor

31:51 — Juan Guillén: In Argentina you would pay in dollars, right? Because I didn’t see the Argentinian peso

33:00 — Payton Prose: audio got bad here :(

34:19 — Juan Guillén: I know that you said 2% as an extra fee when you’re paying in Dai. I don’t know if you can cover a bit on the pricing and speak a little bit about that

36:02 — Nadia Álvarez: Do you have a tutorial video or a brochure or something like that to start providing some food for thought for them in an easy to understand way?

38:20 — Nadia Álvarez: Besides the payment, do you have other benefits for the employees or contractors? Maybe healthcare insurance, credit cards or something like that?

41:17 — Frank Cruz: I was trying to gauge the health of the company. I saw that you raised some money in 2018. With regards to that, I was wondering if the survivorship of the company is dependent of the revenue that’s going to be made by the fees that you’re charging, if you have raised money since 2018… What’s the health of Bitwage?

42:52 — Juan Guillén: I don’t know, Jonathan, if we’re leaving something or there’s something that we’re forgetting to ask and you would like to have it covered

44:14 — Juan Guillén: Fabiano, anything else that you would like to comment?

Closing Comment

David Utrobin

Outro

• Thanks, everyone, for coming. It was great having you, Jonathan, Fabiano, Matt, and Raúl.

Credits

• @blimpa produced this summary.
  • Everyone who spoke and presented on the call, listed in the headers.