For the 9th episode of Core Unit Tools, we will host Kei from Gnosis Guild to learn about the Zodiac app and its collection of tools.
Zodiac is described as the expansion pack for DAOs, enabling DAOs to act more like constellations instead of monolithic designs. Zodiac has launched with four tools currently available: Exit, Bridge, Delay, and Reality. The full collection of tools soon to be available include:
- Gnosis Safe: The most trusted platform for managing digital assets on Ethereum. Zodiac embraces Gnosis Safe as a powerful, extensible and programmable account standard.
- Reality (formerly SafeSnap): This module allows on-chain execution based on the outcome of events reported by the Reality.eth oracle. While built initially to execute Gnosis Safe transactions according to Snapshot proposals, this module is framework agnostic. It can enable proposal execution from just about anywhere.
- Bridge: This module allows an address on one chain to control an avatar on another chain using an Arbitrary Message Bridge (AMB). This enables a DAO on one chain to control assets and interact with systems like a Gnosis Safe on a different chain.
- Exit: This module allows participants to redeem a designated token for a proportional share of an avatar’s digital assets, similar to Moloch DAO’s rageQuit() function.
- Safe Minion (developed by DAOHaus): This module allows Moloch DAOs to manage a Gnosis Safe’s digital assets based on the outcome of v2 Moloch DAO proposals. Safe Minion enables Moloch DAOs to control collections of NFTs, manage LP positions with AMMs, and initiate any other arbitrary interactions. Even more, it supports DAOs that begin as a Gnosis Safe to later delegate governance to a Moloch DAO.
- Seele (developed by TokenWalk): This module allows avatars to operate with trustless tokenized DeGov, similar to Compound or Gitcoin, with a time-boxed proposal core that can register swappable voting contracts. This enables DAOs to choose from various on-chain voting methods that best suit their needs.
- Delay: This modifier allows avatars to enforce a time delay between when a module initiates a transaction and when it can be executed by an avatar.
- Scope: This guard allows an avatar or module to limit the scope of the functions with which it can interact. This enables a DAO to define granular permissions for different control mechanisms.
Zodiac supports DAOs on the road to progressive decentralization, allowing customizations for governance, membership, and treasury management. Here are a few examples of how active Core Units can leverage Zodiac:
Reality: Allows both off-chain snapshot proposals and Discord Polls to trigger on-chain Gnosis Safe transactions.
Scope: Restrict addresses a Gnosis Safe can call.
Bridge: Enables operating as multichain by connecting apps deployed on sidechains to mainnet treasury.
Exit: Enable trustless pathways for contributors to exit the organization (possible MKR vesting application).
Delay: Queue transactions, enable transaction cool downs and expiration periods, and skip transactions.
As usual, @juan will be on the mic doing the hosting
Time in your local-timezone format:
Alternatively, use this:
Find your local number: Zoom International Dial-in Numbers - Zoom
Meeting ID: 829 4277 3725
Attn: @SES-Core-Unit, @gov-comms-core-unit, @GovAlpha-Core-Unit, @Growth-Core-Unit, @Content-Production, @MakerMikeP, @Coulter, @daif-core-unit, @Protocol-Engineering, @Oracles-Core-Unit, @Risk-Core-Unit, @Real-World-Finance, @twblack88, @ElProgreso, @planet_x, @PaperImperium, @monet-supply