In the traditional corporate world some companies will acquire other small competitors to gain advantage or position themselves in market niches.
How do we translate this to the DAO ecosystem?
- Acquiring governance tokens of different protocols
- As a speculative treasure positioning
- As a mean of influencing on the protocol
- Acquiring the talent behind the protocol
- Ex: Reach protocol founders and fund their work aligning MakerDAO objectives, integrations, etc
This comes to my mind because QI DAO https://app.mai.finance/ is positioning itself as a “Maker on polygon”, and it’s starting to develop a stable currency called MAI and several functionalities similar to Maker.
As an example, in this scenario it could be an interesting opportunity for Maker to:
- A) Buy QI tokens as a speculative hedge against competition
- B) Reach the QI DAO team and purchase the project, integrating their teams in the Maker ecosystem.
- C) Other ideas (?)
This also opens more questions, like, how to do multi-protocol governance, etc.
I’m pretty sure this is a bigger topic than this simple paragraph here.
Just sharing some ideas, eager to listen to your thoughts.