I’d like to hear the communities input on the following ideas:
Adding inflation incentives for MKR in the DSChief contract.
- Rewards voters for safeguarding the system
- Discourages free riders
- Creates an opportunity cost for MKR outside the Chief which will create pressure on holders to lock up MKR and actually participate in governance.
- More MKR means more sell pressure (?)
- Changes the social contract of what MKR “is”
Should MKR need to be actively voting for an executive to be eligible or just locked or staked in the contract?
Adding a timelock to MKR in the DSChief
- In tandem with other features, can be an important part of aligning incentives for voters.
- May introduce unforeseen risks in needing to withdraw MKR quickly
Adding a voting multiplier for MKR locked in the DSChief
- Either in tandem with vote lock or by holding tokens longer, incentivizes MKR participation and lockup.
- Amplifies “whale power” which may or may not be a bad thing.
Hope to hear your opinions and more pros and cons on these subjects. Look forward to more discussion!