Flip Flop Flap Delegate LLC Platform

Key Info

Name: Flip Flop Flap Delegate LLC
Delegate Address: flapper.eth
Forum: @ElProgreso
Rocket.Chat: @elpro
Email: [email protected]
Meet Your Delegate Video: Announcing MakerDAO Delegate: Flip Flop Flap Delegate LLC - YouTube

Core Values

• Delegate as the Voice and Vision of the Maker Community and its Core Units.
  • Continue my loyalty and love for the Maker Community by making myself available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week–I will be here, ready, willing, and able.
  • Prioritize the achievements and future success of MakerDAO.
  • Help the Maker Community to expand its network effects.

Delegate Statement

For the last 30+ months I have been one of the top 10 MakerDAO Voters. I have probably voted over 150+ times with my MKR tokens. And this passion and focus for Maker Governance has been inspired by All of you, and I mean every single one of you. Yes, you have inspired me and help me follow this passion and mission to make DAI the ultimate decentralized stablecoin. It’s a passion that we share–the passion of Maker+DAI changing the world. The dream of making DAI the standard of Decentralized Finance.

My Ethereum Address with its small portion of MKR might have never carried every Poll and Executive Vote, but thru it all I have always help protect the Hat and I have never let high ETH Gas Prices deter me from voicing my opinion and protecting this protocol. My love for the community and passion for
MakerDAO is more important than any ETH gas I have spent. And that commitment and love my Maker Fam, it will never diminish.

I want to be your MKR Delegate because I believe in you. I believe in your passion. I believe and share your dreams. I believe in a fully decentralized DAO composed of community members that are loyal, responsible, and innovative. Community members who want the same success that Maker has achieved today and the greatness that it will achieve tomorrow.

This is why—when I was asked to join a Working Group to help compose MIP38 DAO Primitives State, MIP39 Core Unit Framework, MIP40 Budget Framework, and MIP41 Facilitator Framework, I did not hesitate. I did not have any Fear. Because this is my passion. This is our home. And protect and build our home is what we do as MKR token holders.

Maker Community, I want to represent your Voice. I want to represent your Vision. Yes, I promise to protect MakerDAO from the Fear of innovating, the Fear of pivoting if needed, the Fear of never reaching decentralization, and the fear of governance attacks. I will do this by listening to your believes, your scientific governance theories, and following the path and vision of the Maker Community and its original vision. That same vision that was put together years ago by a community of Finance Nerds who had the hunger and the passion for changing the status quo. I will protect our Maker ways by inspiring my Delegate colleagues to unite and protect the protocol from any outside attackers, and/or attack vectors. We will work together, follow common grounds and stay diligent.

At times, you and I might have had different opinions. Some opinions were probably similar, others were misconstrued because communication in writing can be misinterpreted. Other times, some of you were too busy to participate and voice your opinion. And then there were some of you who wanted to participate but felt your MKR holdings were not going to make a difference.

Well, I am here to tell you that you will no longer be unnoticed. You will no longer be unheard. You will no longer need to attend every meeting, read every Forum Post, review every MIP application–I will represent you. I will be your voice; I will be your eyes and ears–and you will be the heartbeat of Maker Governance. The pulse of the community will not go unnoticed.

It is because we share this common passion that I ask that you delegate your MKR to Flip Flop Flap Delegate. I promised to respect your views and listen to your concerns. I promised to explain why I voted for Polls and Executives and if you disagree with such vote, I will make time to listen to you and hold your hand as we both shape and build this DAO, together as one.

Conflicts of Interest

• At times I might buy, sell, or hold other Crypto Tokens for short & long-term trading purposes.

I have read and agree to abide by the Delegate Code of Conduct.

Waiver of liability

By delegating to Flip Flop Flap Delegate LLC, you acknowledge and agree that Flip Flop Flap Delegate LLC, will participate on a best efforts basis and will not be liable for any form of damages related to participation in the Maker Protocol, or MakerDAO.

17 Likes

Thanks for applying. Always appreciate your humor and interesting insights!

4 Likes

I don’t know you, but I can tell you love what you do, and that says a lot about you. Good luck!

2 Likes

Thank you Doo—you’re selection is impeccable.

Gracias primo—hopefully you’ll be inspired as much as I am!

3 Likes

@ElProgreso When discussions in the forum go in a different direction and lose track, you remind the community repeatedly to look at a bigger picture. That is very important when it comes to critical decisions and setting direction for MakerDAO.

I see this as one of the critical criteria for delegates. Honest discussions, feedback, and exchanges need to take place to ensure we communicate effectively. That’s how we can get better at what we do.

Your positivity and dedication are very much appreciated.

3 Likes

Consolidating the Current Polls and Executive Vote for the week of August 9, 2021 from a VLOG Forum Post to my Delegate Platform: [Delegate VLOG] Flip Flop Flap Delegate MKR Vote

Current Polls for August 16, 2021

Governance Poll: Onboarding PAX Peg Stability Module - August 16, 2021

Voted Yessss—for one, the Growth CU team has work relentlessly to make this deal come into fruition. I fully support their vision and desire to grow the supply of DAI. This will also diversify DAI collateral and provide some comfort to those that worry about the Maker’s exposure to USDC.

Governance Poll: Reduce Vault Liquidation Ratios - August 16, 2021

Voted Yessss—The Risk CU posted an analysis on decreasing liquidation ratios and the Community did not object. Using their Risk Models, the ratios were battled tested, and I believe this is the right approach. I do hope that eventually the Maker protocol will be compensated a bit more for all the Risk it takes.

Community Greenlight Poll: CNC1-DROP (CapitalNow Cannabis DROP) - August 16, 2021

Voted Yes—this company has underwritten over 85,000 transactions and has 13 years’ experience in this field. You couple that with the fact that that more American voters and state legislatures support the approval of either medicinal, or adult recreational use of cannabis—I believe this is a sector Maker should consider.

Governance Poll: NCP01-DROP (Nebula Capital Partners DROP) - August 16, 2021

Voted Yes—if you didn’t get a chance to watch the Collateral Onboarding Call with Nebula and the folks from Tinka I strongly recommend you do! Impressive Teams, and a promising product (Tinka)—this as I like to say, is a no-brainer. Not to mention that NCP has Skin in the Game!

Community Greenlight Poll: CGFF-DROP (Cauris Global Fintech Fund DROP) - August 16, 2021

Voted Yes—another RWA candidate that will have skin in the game as they will invest in a significant amount of the TIN tranche to show confidence in the pool via a “Debt Venture Fund”. They are also on a mission to close the gap on financial inclusion for medium and small businesses. I believe this is where MakerDAO can showcase its goodness and love for humanity.

2 Likes

Executive Proposals

Vault Onboarding, 6s Updates, and Reducing Vault Liquidation Ratios - August 20, 2021

The long-awaited debut of the 6S RWA DC increase is now here and I believe the community will vote “Yes” and pass this Executive with flying colours. It’s been a long road for 6S Capital, as they patiently orchestrated their quest to becoming Maker’s first Delaware Statutory Trust structure for RWAs. Looking forward to following developments closely and voting on future LendCo’s that follow the same path.

The Risk Core Unit presented the community with an analysis for decreasing LR only for second tier vault types by 10%, and decreasing LR for leading vaults. The community, including myself did not have any objections, as most of us believe this is a positive in case of a Market drawdown (particularly ETH) – Vault owners will appreciate the lower LR.

The community opine via a Signal Request that the PSM-USDC-A Fee-In (tin) will be increased from 0.1% to 0.2%. I agree–and believe that this tool is an important backstop for controlling the DAI peg.

Active Polls

2 Polls - Ending September 2, 2021, 16:00 UTC

Lower the Flash Mint Fee (toll) to 0% - August 30, 2021

Signal Request created by @hexonaut showcases in my opinion, as well as the majority of the community opinion–that lowering the toll to 0 provides benefits to attract more usage of the module. Voted, “Yes.”

Add RWA007 (SolarX) as a new RWA Vault Type

In what I personally consider an early probationary period for Recognized Delegates, this in my opinion has been our toughest Poll since seeking tenure as a MakerDAO Delegate.

Its comprehensible that Delegates and most of the Maker Community lack, or retain a background/experience in Project Finance. Therefore, I believe its my responsibility as a Delegate to put in the time and effort to investigate as much as possible–the “dealings” pertaining to this collateral type, and also rely on the much needed guidance of our RWF CU.

After numerous hours of reading, researching, and asking questions–I believe that this project has infinitesimal downside and a much greater upside. While no business wants to lose 3,285,000 DAI–Delegates and the Maker community expect SolarX @Andy.SolarX to provide a Trust Structure that is acceptable to MKR token holders, before this MIP6 Application goes to an Executive Vote.

Voted, “Yes”.

5 Likes

Executive Proposals

Parameter Changes, September Core Unit Budgets, DssVest Streams - September 3, 2021

You love to see it–Executive goes up on a Friday evening, and you wake on a Monday morning to see it executed. What could be better then that? :slight_smile:

• The Flash Mint Fee (toll) will be decreased from 0.05% to 0%.
  • The PSM-PAX-A Debt Ceiling will be increased from 50 million DAI to 500 million DAI.
  • 2 million DAI will be distributed to the DAI Foundation Reserves Backup Wallet.
  • 138,591 DAI will be distributed to the DAI Foundation Operational Wallet.
  • 155,237 DAI will be distributed to the Sustainable Ecosystem Scaling Auditors’ Wallet.

Excited to see inception of the DAI Foundation kickstart a long everlasting representation of what DAI stands for–bringing a lot of goodness to the world. You couple that with some parameter changes that I believe will help expand the utility of DAI, and necessary funding for SES growth, this was a “Yes” vote that needed to be placed on a Friday evening.

1 Like

Active Polls

2 POLLS - ENDING SEP 20, 2021, 16:00 UTC

Community Greenlight Poll - RARE (SuperRare) - September 6, 2021

The protocol went live around April of 2018. Since then they have put in a lot of work and thought into how ART should be represented via NFTs. They have an aim to incorporate NFTs into VR/AR, etc., and the issuance of this DAO Governance token allows SuperRare to follow the path of decentralization. Voted “Yes” and I look forward to learning more about the mechanics behind RARE.

Community Greenlight Poll - RAI (Rai Reflex Index) - September 6, 2021

IMO RAI is an asset that can provide Maker another collateral type that allows it to Pivot from centralized stablecoins, and inject exposure to ETH and in the future, stakedETH. Voted “Yes” and I am looking forward for our Core Units assessments of such.

Active Polls

ENDING SEP 16, 2021, 16:00 UTC

Adopt the Debt Ceiling Instant Access Module (DC-IAM) for PSM-PAX-A - September 13, 2021

Voted “Yes”, Myself and the majority of the Maker community agree with adding the DC-IAM gap for PSM-PAX and the suggested parameters by the Risk CU. Really excited to see this develop.

Add GUNIV3DAIUSDC1-A as a new Vault Type - September 13, 2021

Voted “Yes”, adding the G-UNI LP token (DAI/USDC) is a great option that will provide value to the protocol and allow Maker users to benefit from the compounding effect provided from the Uniswap v3 LP fees.

Offboard KNC Legacy Token - September 13, 2021

Voted, “Yes” – In my opinion, the Kyber folks have their hands-full with their own incentive program based on the new KNC Token, and at this stage they don’t have an interest in including DAI in their plans. With only 5 remaining Maker vaults using the KNC-A vault, its best to offboard.

Active Polls

8 POLLS - ENDING SEP 27, 2021, 16:00 UTC

Ratification Poll for RWA Foundations (MIP58) - September 13, 2021

Voted “Abstain” – I believe the community needs a third party legal opinion for the upside and downside of using this structure. That is evident in the Informal Poll that resulted in 44% of the community Abstaining. I myself polled yes in the informal poll, but after thinking it over, I request for more information from both the RWF CU and a third-party expert–on how this tool/structure can be used properly, and what are the downsides and upsides of such.

Ratification Poll for Strategic Happiness Core Unit, SH-001 - September 13, 2021

Voted “Yes” – A Core Unit with an agenda to spread love–what can be better then that!

Ratification Poll for Development & UX Core Unit, DUX-001 - September 13, 2021

Voted “Yes”, I am really excited to have the DUX CU onboarded, much needed and super talented team.

Ratification Poll for StarkNet Engineering Core Unit, SNE-001 - September 13, 2021

Voted, “Yes” – I have ask some tough questions and StarkNet has been kind enough to produce responses-- much appreciated. I want to see this develop and I believe most of the community does as well. However, I do think there might be more questions left that I have not asked, and Both the community and Delegates should ask. This is an exciting new opportunity with challenges, but with challenges, there is also an opportunity.

Ratification Poll for Collateral Engineering Services Core Unit, CES-001 - September 13, 2021

Voted, “Yes”–This is a resilient CU that has iterated on their mission and I believe they will bring in a fresh perspective, as well as new contributors to the MakerDAO ecosystem.

Ratification Poll for Modify Core Unit Budget - Sustainable Ecosystem Scaling (MIP40c3-SP31) - September 13, 2021

Voted “Yes” – Much needed funding for SES as the incubation programs continues to grow, as grants are coming online.

Ratification Poll for Risk Core Unit MKR Compensation (MIP40c3-SP25) - September 13, 2021

Voted “Yes” – The retroactive MKR compensation is well deserve by Primoz and Marko–how many people are willing to perform and not get properly compensated–especially in crypto? Not many. This is well deserve along with the MKR compensation plan.

Ratification Poll for GovAlpha Core Unit Budget Q4 2021 to Q1 2022 (MIP40c3-SP29) - September 13, 2021

Voted “Yes” – The GovAlpha has been working relentless to improve upon the community experience via SourceCred, the Voter experience via the DUX CU, while handing a ton of other responsibilities. Looking forward to seeing what else they’ll improve with regards to Governance.

3 Likes