For FUN: When 1Billion DAI?

I missed out on the 500M version of this but since everyone since the very beginning was eying 1B DAI I figured to put up the next poll.

When 1Billion DAI!?

• 0-1 month
  • 1-2 months
  • 2-3 months
  • 3-4 months
  • 4-5 months
  • 5-6 months
  • 6-8 months
  • 8-10 months
  • 10-12 months
  • 2-2.5 years
  • 2.5-3 years

0 voters

I think another interesting poll is when will 50K MKR be worth 1B

• 0-3 months
  • 3-6 months
  • 6-9 months
  • 9-12 months
  • 12-16 months
  • 16-20 months
  • 20-24 months
  • 2-2.5 years
  • 2.5-3 years

0 voters

1 Like

You think 50 thousand MKR will be worth 1 Billion in less than 2 years? God I wish/hope. We’d need a MCap of 20 Billion.

1 Like

Hope this ages well :joy::joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

It’s insensitive to ask this poll today

RIP ETH Bull Market
2020-2020

1 Like

20% decline is bear market in stocks, in crypto it’s just Thursday :rofl:

5 Likes

I’m a math retard. What is DAI/MKR when 50,000 MKR is worth 1 billion DAI? I can count a bit past 10. How much is 1 billion?

I would say it is even more important to ask this question.

But it is supposed to be a fun topic. I just missed out on the 500M and felt the need to go for the 1B.

At first I thought this was 2000DAI/MKR but now I realize it is 20,000DAI/MKR at least if I have done my math right so we may have to skip the second poll.

It would be fantastically awesome if MKR hit 20K USD in 1-2 years. :wink:

2 Likes

As long as the financial management function is activated, everything will be realized quickly.
I think the completion of the financial management investment module will give us a lot of motivation.

I made the same mistake. Thanks - will change my vote.

You know aaron if we get to 1B DAI with RWA it might only take 1-2 years for MKR to hit a 20B cap.

I really want to redo that second poll to have a longer timeline because of my math mistake since that one might just take some time and it would be interesting to see what the community thinks on that one as well. Maybe make it When MKR price hits 10,000 US. and just do 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, more than 10 years.

When I think about this if all goes well MKR could hit 10K/ in less than 2 years but could take as many as 5. Anything after 10 years and USD inflation could make a loaf of bread cost $10-20 so 10K MKR in 20 years is like 1K MKR now.

3 Likes

It would be cool to have such polls on a prediction market (Augur or some L2 with low fees) and connected to SourceCred so voters who guess the outcome could get awards.

5 Likes

I agree. We humans are bad at predicting exponential growth so if a catalyst event occurs that sparks MKR adoption/accrual we could see that price earlier than predicted. I’m optimistic that it will happen sooner rather than later.

It seems appropriate to reply to you @Aaron_Bartsch with the post that we hit 1B DAI today. Only 2 months and a couple weeks. So the 2-3month folks with the most votes predicted this. Now I guess we can go for a $5B poll and MKR with a 5B cap.!

RWA and some other big ideas and some critical problems solved PEG, DAI liquidity expansion/contraction, community organization/growth to drive this, along with adoptions and we could be there pretty quickly. I would hazard this is a make or break and Maker needs to get to PEG situated for adoption to drive hard to $5B in the next 3 or so years or maybe lose out to more nimble players/projects (new or old). As to 5B cap this should come when Maker starts making $50-100M/year revene which also could come in 3-5 years.

Cheers everyone and great job MakerDAO and Maker finally hit $1B today seems like such a long hard road to get here and still a lot of work ahead.

5 Likes

Congrats to 1B which unfortunatelly didn’t fix the peg so I’m not looking forward to 2B, 3B, RWA… :frowning:

2 Likes

Always enjoy your posts @bit in fact I mentioned one of your posts in a discussion I had with a rep from Dragonfly Capital.

Good work isn’t always easy. I tend to do better if every day even when things are ‘shit’ I find 3 or more things to be thankful for.

I honestly am amazed at the quality of the people who are working and even hovering here around MakerDAO. So much possibility if we can harness the mental and personal horsepower here to drive towards 2,3, 5, 10B and beyond.

Very soon here it is going to be time to strap on the seat belts because MKR has been fueling up for it’s moon trip over the past few years. All we need is the right conditions and a spark to launch this baby.

2 Likes

:rofl: you the man @bit love the pessimism (sort-of/not really–but is all good)

Do miss @Aaron_Bartsch–where you at bro? long-time no appearance–holla @ us!