The one-stop-shop for finding out what’s being discussed by governance right now.
Links reflect my view of the most noteworthy activities in the governance, risk, and oracles categories right now. Disagree? Think something should be added? Leave a reply or a pm.
‘What’s the most relevant information on the forums this week for MKR and Dai holders?’
- Check out the newly-launched Maker Operational Manual!
- MakerDAO | 2021 Recap and Looking ahead into 2022
Announcing Maker Operational Manual - It’s great to see more of @Gala on the forums with GovAlpha, announcing the launch of the Maker Operational Manual! The Manual aims to become the main source of information and documentation to make Governance more accessible and navigatable for the whole community. This will continue to be an ongoing initiative that is open to community feedback and help.
StableSims: Optimizing MakerDAO Liquidations 2.0 Incentives via Agent-Based Modeling - @akirillo and @sehyun, both members of Blockchain at Berkeley announce their research project, StableSims, where they created a simulation of the Dai stablecoin system and sought to optimize the Liq 2.0 incentive parameters,
tip. Their key results show that it is more cost-effective to increase
tip as opposed to
chip. They publically provide both their research paper and simulation code, asking only to show some love and make use of their open-source code for further development.
[Delegate Vote Notice] Why Flip Flop Flap Delegate will Vote YES to off-boarding MKT-001 - In response to the current Ratification Poll for Offboarding Content Production Core Unit, @ElProgreso published the vote direction by Flip Flop Flap Delegate and its reasoning to support the offboarding of MKT-001. Check out the post for more information.
MakerDAO | 2021 Recap and Looking ahead into 2022 - Check out this video recording from last week’s Governance and Risk call where @DavidUtro covers all the amazing milestones and achievements within Maker throughout 2021. In addition, he touches on a number of initiatives and projects to look out for during 2022!
Check out recent Core Unit monthly updates for December. Keep in mind that there will be a COMPLETE post of all December Core Unit and non-Core Unit team updates published very soon by yours truly, COM-001
Check out the monthly Financial Reports here.
‘What’s going on? You think what?! You’re 100% wrong, and here’s why…’
[Discussion] Utilizing USDC in the PSM - @GWintery directs community focus back to the case for USDC-backed Dai and potential fear of USDC blacklisting by initiating discussion on ideas and efforts to reduce our dependency on USDC. @GWintery presents a few ideas, such as reducing USDC in the PSM, auctioning USDC in exchange for ETH, and utilizing USDC yield for protocol expenses.
- P.S., check out today’s Governance and Risk call, which will contain an in-depth discussion on potential next steps for USDC-backed Dai.
NUTS & BOLTS: RWA, Trustees & Attestors - @Allan_Pedersen publishes a comprehensive post breaking down the Maker Trusts/Foundations and the trustee role and introduces a potential attestor role in a Maker Trust. He analyzes the differences between the conventional BOT (Board of Trustees) and another kind of trustee called PCTs (Professional Corporate Trustees):
- BOTs “come with serious fiduciary responsibilities and duties. Usually, the appointed parties for these roles are experienced and skilled individuals. BOTs are used as best judgment to provide direction and leadership for the underlying charity/fund/whatnot and accept substantive fiduciary responsibilities.”
- PCTs offer “services provided by professional service companies and law firms - and sometimes private banks/wealth managers. They provide the service of acting as a trustee for a trust/foundation/whatnot. They operate under a very clear, almost mechanical, “letter of instruction” from the trust’s beneficiaries to execute certain tasks on their behalf. The PCT will NOT want to make any value judgments nor make any decisions on behalf of the trust.”
The general structure we use in RWA to represent the interests of Maker and act on Maker’s behalf in the RWA world, which requires a PCT instead of a BOT. This results in defined limits in what a Trustee can do for Maker, which constitutes the question of ‘whom to ask if in doubt or certain requests are made to the trust’ whereas it wouldn’t be a good idea for such these decisions to require Maker forum polls or MKR token votes. Therefore, there is a need for a decision-making entity/role in-between the PCT action-set and the decisions that do indeed require MKR vote to ensure a smooth operation of the Maker Trust.
- In response to the summary above, @Allan_Pedersen introduces the Potential Attestor Role in a Maker Trust that will be properly appointed and given responsibilities to help implement on actions and decisions that a PCT cannot. Check out the post for more juicy information on the Attestor Role!
‘Who said discussions should end after a week!?’
‘Yo, do you even signal?’
There are currently no active signal requests.
- There are, however, five signal requests that have just passed their on-chain governance polls:
‘Oh my god, this is taking ages; why can’t things be simple?’
Maker Operational Manual - @GovAlpha-Core-Unit release the launch of the Maker Operational Manual and invite all members and Core Units to reach out if they wish to provide any help or documentation to add for the Manual.
Recognised Delegate Requirements - @LongForWisdom writes a detailed overview of the current requirements and application system to become a delegate in the Maker community. Check out this thread for more posts related to delegation.
Where to Find Opportunities at MakerDAO and Open positions at MakerDAO - Looking for job opportunities at MakerDAO? Perfect! @Davidutro and @manomad set up individual threads containing resources to help find available job listing and hiring practices. If anybody has additional information on unique hiring practices or job listings, please comment on the thread.
Collateral Calls - Calling all Projects! - @juan sets up a signup thread for projects wishing to present on the bi-weekly collateral call. Know any potential collateral partners that want to present? Refer them here.
Collateral Status Index - Confused about the current status of the various collateral types that have been discussed recently? Check out this post to find out the status and current position of each within the onboarding process.
The Official Welcome Thread - A welcome and introductions thread. Not strictly governance, but if anyone new or old wants to introduce themselves, now is your chance!
‘Oh %#$?, we need a doodad, and we need it now.’
We could always use help reviewing MIPs in the Request for Comment phase.
Please, check out the Forum at a Glance feedback survey to help us improve and scale these reviews - It will be fun, I promise.