The one stop shop for finding out what’s being discussed by governance right now.
Links reflect my view of the most noteworthy activity in the governance, risk and oracles categories right now. Disagree? Think something should be added? Leave a reply or a pm.
‘What do I need to know as an MKR Holder this week?’
- Surplus Buffer went down to 48M DAI due to Core Unit Budget Distributions last weekend after hitting 50M for the very first time.
- Total Value Locked went down a bit too (but not too much) to almost 9.2B.
- Pegs looking stable since last week.
- Tim (@twblack88) posted a couple of interesting articles in this week’s Relay you may have missed:
— Stablecoins facilitated an astonishing $1.7T in transaction volume in Q2: Messari - Explores the growth of stablecoins and notes that decentralized stablecoins like Dai have maintained a consistent upward trajectory.
— Stablecoins Swelled by $13B in 30 Days, Captured 67% of Today’s Crypto Trade Volume.
@LongForWisdom brings us two posts about Delegations, in which details the purpose, types and requirements to be a Delegate:
— Delegation and MakerDAO
— Recognised Delegate Requirements
- Guide to the Signaling Process - @AstronautThis posted a very helpful guide on how to participate in the signaling process at MakerDAO by starting a signal request.
‘What’s going on? You think what?! You’re 100% wrong, and here’s why…’
- Dai on Different Chains #2 - @alec delves more about the wallets holding Dai on non-EVM chains.
- I will vote NO on the ratification poll for Strategic Marcomms Core Unit - @Planet_X has expressed his opinions against the Ratification Poll for Strategic Marcomms CU, prompting various responses from several members of the pointed team.
- “Taming Wildcat Stablecoins” Paper – MakerDAO vs Centralized Stablecoins - @PaperImperium brings his thoughts on the recent paper released by the Federal Reserve (with the National Bureau of Economic Research) about regulating stablecoin issuers as banks.
- Amazix, the Marketing firm with the worst track record in the ICO era - In the final stretch of the voting for the onboarding of the AmaZix Core Unit in the executives, an anonymous post re-ignites debate, as some community members believe this might not be the best approach as to how we discuss this kind of matters.
‘Yo, do you even signal?’
- [Signal Request] Adjust UNIV2DAIUSDC-A DC-IAM-line - @ultraschuppi is signaling to raise the debt ceiling for UNIV2DAIUSDC-A. Go vote!
‘Oh my god, this is taking ages, why can’t things be simple?’
Collateral Calls - Calling all Projects! @juan sets up a signup thread for projects wishing to present on the bi-weekly collateral call. Know any potential collateral partners that want to present? Refer them here.
Collateral Status Index - Confused about the current status of the various collateral types that have been discussed recently? Check out this post to find out the status and current position of each within the onboarding process.
MakerDAO Standard Governance Processes - @LongForWisdom writes a brief overview of the currently operating governance processes in the Maker community. Confused between Signals, Declarations and MIPs? Look no further.
The Official Welcome Thread - A welcome and introductions thread. Not strictly speaking governance, but if anyone new or old wants to introduce themselves, now is your chance!
‘Oh %#$?, we need a doodad, and we need it now.’
We could always use help reviewing MIPs in the Request for Comment phase