The one stop shop for finding out what’s being discussed by governance right now.
Links reflect my view of the most noteworthy activity in the governance, risk and oracles categories right now. Disagree? Think something should be added? Leave a reply or a pm.
‘What do I need to know as an MKR Holder this week?’
Rates Changes, July Core Unit Budgets, and PSM DC-IAM - There’s an ongoing executive vote to decide:
- Core Unit budgets distributions (totalling 2,510,503 DAI)
- Stability Fee decreases
- The activation of the PSM DC-IAM for USDC
- Response to ChainLinkGod Accusations - A viral tweet posted by a member of the Chainlink community suggested MakerDAO is doing filthy business with Oracles. @nikkunkel sets the record straight
- Smooth sailing all around. Peg’s looking extremely good!
- Maker Governance Review: June 2021 - @artem_gordon et al present the Maker Governance Review for June.
- Financial report - 2021-06 - @Aes brings us the RWF financial report for June.
- GovAlpha Quarterly Review Q2 2021 - @LongForWisdom publishes the GovAlpha Quarterly Review for the second quarter.
‘What’s going on? You think what?! You’re 100% wrong, and here’s why…’
Alternative MKR Compensation Guidelines - @LongForWisdom and @Aes propose an alternative, domain-tiered approach to MKR vesting.
Update: And thus MIP56 was just born!
- MakerDAO Hiring Proposal - @mikkkkk’s opinion on how MakerDAO should handle job compensations sparked off a richly ramified discussion.
- Suggestions For Deciding Which Charities To Fund? - @PaperImperium wonders aloud how we should go about deciding which charities to fund and elicits diverse responses from the community.
‘Yo, do you even signal?’
- [Signal Request] Aave D3M Target Borrow Rate - In preparation for the launch of the Aave Direct Deposit Dai Module, @hexonaut goes through the pros and cons of different possible spreads between the D3M and Maker’s own rates.
- [Signal Request] Increase Debt Ceiling of RWA-02 (NS-DROP) from 5M to 20M - New Silver is asking to increase the debt ceiling to 20M from the current 5M, which is close to be reached.
‘Oh my god, this is taking ages, why can’t things be simple?’
Collateral Calls - Calling all Projects! @juanjuan sets up a signup thread for projects wishing to present on the bi-weekly collateral call. Know any potential collateral partners that want to present? Refer them here.
Collateral Status Index - Confused about the current status of the various collateral types that have been discussed recently? Check out this post to find out the status and current position of each within the onboarding process.
MakerDAO Standard Governance Processes - @LongForWisdom writes a brief overview of the currently operating governance processes in the Maker community. Confused between Signals, Declarations and MIPs? Look no further.
The Official Welcome Thread - A welcome and introductions thread. Not strictly speaking governance, but if anyone new or old wants to introduce themselves, now is your chance!
‘Oh %#$?, we need a doodad, and we need it now.’
We could always use help reviewing MIPs in the Request for Comment phase