The one stop shop for finding out what’s being discussed by governance right now.
Links reflect my view of the most noteworthy activity in the governance, risk and oracles categories right now. Disagree? Think something should be added? Leave a reply or a pm.
‘What do I need to know as an MKR Holder this week?’
- Almost 5.5B DAI in circulation. 4.5 more to go till the 10B goal
- The Surplus Buffer is about to hit 50M DAI for the first time
- The Total Value Locked in Maker at $9,3B.
- In case you may have missed it, @Blimpa just posted the Weekly MIPs Update #44.
- Official DAI Bridge on ‘Optimism’ - @Derek alongside with MakerDAO’s Protocol Engineering Team and Optimism have launched the official DAI token bridge on Optimism.
- Last week, @j0sh started a debate about whether we should start looking into Thorchain network for providing liquidity and the ability to swap DAI. @Growth-Core-Unit has reached out and is already exploring options.
‘What’s going on? You think what?! You’re 100% wrong, and here’s why…’
- What is a DAO anyway? - @g_dip shares a reflection from his blog on what a DAO is/should be, stirring many reflections on how those thoughts might apply to Maker.
- Campaigning: Vote NO on “Inclusion Poll for AmaZix Marketing Core Unit MIP Set - @PaperImperium urges the community to reject the onboarding of the AmaZix Marketing Core Unit and shoots his allegation. @OldPaul from AmaZix replies back.
- Prudential Treatment of Cryptoasset Exposures - @SebVentures brings a discussion on how regulators plan to view bank crypto-assets for evaluating safety of their portfolios.
- Strategic and Not Naive - @Do_Naam thinks we have to be smart about the usage of donations, grants and liquidity programs or it could backfire the DAO.
‘Yo, do you even signal?’
No active signals at the moment! If you wish to make a change to one of the Governance Parameters check out our Practical Guide to the Signaling Process to get started.
‘Oh my god, this is taking ages, why can’t things be simple?’
Collateral Calls - Calling all Projects! @juanjuan sets up a signup thread for projects wishing to present on the bi-weekly collateral call. Know any potential collateral partners that want to present? Refer them here.
Collateral Status Index - Confused about the current status of the various collateral types that have been discussed recently? Check out this post to find out the status and current position of each within the onboarding process.
MakerDAO Standard Governance Processes - @LongForWisdom writes a brief overview of the currently operating governance processes in the Maker community. Confused between Signals, Declarations and MIPs? Look no further.
The Official Welcome Thread - A welcome and introductions thread. Not strictly speaking governance, but if anyone new or old wants to introduce themselves, now is your chance!
‘Oh %#$?, we need a doodad, and we need it now.’
We could always use help reviewing MIPs in the Request for Comment phase