The one-stop shop for finding out what’s being discussed by governance right now.
Links reflect my view of the most noteworthy activity in the governance, risk and oracles categories right now. Disagree? Think something should be added? Leave a reply or a pm.
‘What do I need to know as an MKR Holder this week?’
- Global Debt Ceiling was increased by 500 million Dai.
- In the same vote, Core Unit Budget Distribution for June was approved; a collective sum of 1,543,127 Dai will be distributed to seven Core Units.
- USDC-A, USDC-B, TUSD-A, PAXUSD-A, GUSD-A, PSM-USDC-A, UNIV2DAIUSDC-A, USDT-A vault types will be added to the Liquidations 2.0 framework, though liquidations will be disabled.
- Financial report - 2021-05 - Real-World Finance Core Unit Facilitator @sebventures published the financial report for May 2021.
- LFW Holiday - 07/06/21 to 14/06/21 - GovAlpha Facilitator @longforwisdom is taking a week off.
‘What’s going on? You think what?! You’re 100% wrong, and here’s why…’
- [Discussion] Maker Is Not A Lender; Does Not Take Deposits - An ongoing, deep-reaching discussion set off by @paperimperium.
- SourceCred distribution for week ending May 30th, 2021 - The weekly report on SourceCred distribution prompted some discussion about the desirability of increasing the minimum payout amount.
- Maker and L2: Avoiding Ren’s mistake - @planet_x used Ren as a sobering example of the better mousetrap fallacy and its consequences, which kicked off a discussion on how to make Maker more user-oriented.
‘Yo, do you even signal?’
- [Signal Request] Offboard unprofitable collateral types - @ultraschuppi poses the question of whether we should offboard collateral types whose Oracles costs outweigh their collected stability fees.
[Signal Request] Adjusting ttl on flap-auctions - @ultraschuppi argues for decreasing the
ttlparameter (bid duration)
‘Oh my god, this is taking ages, why can’t things be simple?’
Collateral Calls - Calling all Projects! @juan sets up a signup thread for projects wishing to present on the bi-weekly collateral call. Know any potential collateral partners that want to present? Refer them here.
Collateral Status Index - Confused about the current status of the various collateral types that have been discussed recently? Check out this post to find out the status and current position of each within the onboarding process.
MakerDAO Standard Governance Processes - @LongForWisdom writes a brief overview of the currently operating governance processes in the Maker community. Confused between Signals, Declarations and MIPs? Look no further.
The Official Welcome Thread - A welcome and introductions thread. Not strictly speaking governance, but if anyone new or old wants to introduce themselves, now is your chance!
‘Oh %#$?, we need a doodad, and we need it now.’
We could always use help reviewing MIPs in the Request for Comment phase