The one-stop-shop for finding out what’s being discussed by governance right now.
Links reflect my view of the most noteworthy activity in the governance, risk and oracles categories right now. Disagree? Think something should be added? Leave a reply or a pm.
‘What do I need to know as an MKR Holder this week?’
- Call it a stress test? Liquidations occurred with over 40M DAI worth of collateral sold at Maker on May 19th, 2021. Liquidations 2.0 showed serious strength
- Due to this wave of liquidation penalty revenue over 1,100 MKR were burned in the 24 hours before this post
- DAI is circulation has dropped to 4.4B as a further result
- Speaker Series #1: St. Louis Fed Senior VP - @PaperImperium hits the ground running, securing a BIG name for the first iteration of the new Speaker Series kicking off on June 29, 2021, at 15:00 UTC with David Andolfatto.
- The Maker Risk Dashboard came in handy yesterday, check out the forum post for full details and a road-map on forthcoming features.
‘What’s going on? You think what?! You’re 100% wrong, and here’s why…’
Pre-MIP Discussion: A Market Sentiment-Based Strategy to Burn MKR
- @aburban90 brings an idea for dynamic burning of MKR tokens based on market short-interest for the token.
[Discussion] MakerDAO subsidies to political parties - @iammeeoh brings a discussion on paying political parties to function within the DAO for discussion and advocacy.
‘Yo, do you even signal?’
[Signal Request] Reduce the USDC PSM
tout to 0 -New! - @Aaron_Bartsch signals community sentiment toward reducing the
tout parameter for the USDC PSM to 0, effectively allowing no fee, no slippage trades for users seeking to swap their DAI for USDC.
[Signal Request] New vault-type for YFI with a higher LR - New! @ultraschuppi signals the community on a Growth partnership with Yearn that would allow for an "ETH-C-like vault for YFI, with a higher Liquidation Ratio but lower Stability Fee.
‘Oh my god, this is taking ages, why can’t things be simple?’
Collateral Calls - Calling all Projects! @juanjuan sets up a signup thread for projects wishing to present on the bi-weekly collateral call. Know any potential collateral partners that want to present? Refer them here.
Collateral Status Index - Confused about the current status of the various collateral types that have been discussed recently? Check out this post to find out the status and current position of each within the onboarding process.
MakerDAO Standard Governance Processes - @LongForWisdom writes a brief overview of the currently operating governance processes in the Maker community. Confused between Signals, Declarations and MIPs? Look no further.
The Official Welcome Thread - A welcome and introductions thread. Not strictly speaking governance, but if anyone new or old wants to introduce themselves, now is your chance!
‘Oh %#$?, we need a doodad, and we need it now.’
We could always use help reviewing MIPs in the Request for Comment phase