Governance at a Glance 2021/01/07

The one stop shop for finding out what’s being discussed by governance right now.

Links reflect my view of the most noteworthy activity in the governance, risk and oracles categories right now. Disagree? Think something should be added? Leave a reply or a pm. Updated 2021/01/07

Three Point Summary

‘What do I need to know as an MKR Holder this week?’

• The new PSM takes on major whale activity with DAI price VWAP of $0.997 - 1.009
  • The DAI supply hits new ATH at 1.34B with the major bull run in ETH continuing.
  • Moonshot: MKR soars past $1,000, hitting a peak over $1250 on 2021/01/06

Active Discussions

‘What’s going on? You think what?! You’re 100% wrong, and here’s why…’

[Poll] What is the mission/vision of MakerDAO- New @SebVentures builds off the prior brainstorming post and asks community members to vote on where they think MakerDAO should be focused.

Maker Stability Module (inspired by Aave and Synthetix) - New @ratchet5000 details a new idea for generating yield for MKR holders by allowing them to stake MKR on the Maker Platform.

USDT might be closer to collapse than ever before- New @BlueCat points to a regulatory requirement upcoming next week for USDT and questions its safety as a collateral type.

Road to the PSM- Continuing @hexonaut’s post on the PSM heats back up thanks to implementation and recent rising of the DC.

Seeking Consensus

‘Yo, do you even signal?’

[Signal Request] Adjust the Surplus Buffer- Signal Poll continues @ultraschuppi
proposes different ways to increase the Surplus Buffer. Polling ends 2021/01/14

[Signal Request] Adjust ETH-B line (IAM-Ceiling)- Signal Poll extended @ultraschuppi puts forward some options for expanding the IAM Ceiling on ETH-B. Poll extended after the Risk Team’s new rate assessment was published, polling now ends 2021/01/14

[Signal Request] Interim DAO Operating Budget- New Signal @hexonaut proposes an interim budget for the Autonomous MakerDAO working Group to cover expenses such as the audit for the first PSM. Polling ends 2021/01/19

[Signal Request] Manage TUSD exposure due to ownership change- Signal Ending Soon @SebVentures signals different options for dealing with the protocol’s TUSD exposure after a large discussion in the forums. Polling ends 2021/01/12

[Signal Request] Adjust UNIV2DAIETH-A Debt Ceiling- Signal Poll continues @ultraschuppi proposes an increase to the UNIV2DAIETH-A Debt Ceiling. Polling ends 2021/01/14

Ongoing Initiatives

‘Oh my god, this is taking ages, why can’t things be simple?’

:mega: Collateral Calls - Calling all Projects! @juanjuan sets up a signup thread for projects wishing to present on the bi-weekly collateral call. Know any potential collateral partners that want to present? Refer them here.

Collateral Status Index - Confused about the current status of the various collateral types that have been discussed recently? Check out this post to find out the status and current position of each within the onboarding process.

Weekly MIPs Updates - @charlesstlouis is producing a weekly update on the world of MIPs.

MakerDAO Standard Governance Processes - @LongForWisdom writes a brief overview of the currently operating governance processes in the Maker community. Confused between Signals, Declarations and MIPs? Look no further.

The Official Welcome Thread - A welcome and introductions thread. Not strictly speaking governance, but if anyone new or old wants to introduce themselves, now is your chance!

Help Wanted

‘Oh %#$?, we need a doodad, and we need it now.’

Wanted: Governance Help - @LongForWisdom is still looking for help with the governance domain.

Wanted: Risk Domain Monitoring Tools - @Primoz puts out a call for additional support to produce monitoring tools for the risk team. Grants are available.

Wanted: Join the Summary Team - @Davidutro asks for anyone interested in producing call summaries get in touch. Grants available.

We could always use help reviewing MIPs in the Request for Comment phase

Thanks for catching up on the latest in Maker Governance!

10 Likes

Is this replacing LFW’s legacy Gov at a glance thread?

ie: will this one be regularly updated? Or will a new dated thread be put up each week?

1 Like

I think we’re shifting to a new post each week! It won’t always be me posting but I gave it a go this week :smiley:

3 Likes

Nice to see you posting it!! Congrats!!

1 Like

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: [Agenda/Discussion] Scientific Governance and Risk #123 - Thursday, January 7 17:00 UTC