Governance at a Glance!
The one stop shop for finding out what’s being discussed by governance right now.
Links reflect my views of the most noteworthy activity in the governance, risk and oracles categories right now. Disagree? Think something should be added? Leave a reply or a pm.
Three Point Summary
‘What do I need to know as an MKR Holder this week?’
- Total Value Locked (TVL) in MakerDAO as of today is $6.8 billion
- The DAI supply keeps reaching new highs with 2.6B
- DAI’s volume weighted average price (VWAP) is stable at $1.001
ICYMI - Announcements
- The 3rd session of the Core Unit Launch Podcast will take place on Wednesday, March 17. Join our host, @juanjuan, along with the Smart Contracts Core Unit Team to discuss their proposal.
- The MakerDAO community will be launching DAI on the Optimism Layer 2 solution, enabling near-instant withdrawals of DAI tokens and thus enabling wider adoption of Optimism and profiting from it.
- DAI has now been integrated into the GLUFCO Service Switch to allow the direct exchange of DAI to USD or VES in Venezuela. More regional currencies are expected to be added in the future.
‘What’s going on? You think what?! You’re 100% wrong, and here’s why…’
How to eventually remove DAI’s dependence on USDC and other stablecoins - New @AstronautThis starts a discussion around DAI’s supposed over-reliance on other stablecoins, e.g., USDC.
‘Yo, do you even signal?’
[Signal Request] Increase the
ttl parameters of FLAP auctions - New @Aaron_Bartsch proposes increasing the
ttl parameters of FLAP auctions to decrease the number of auctions and give participants more time to accrue funds respectively.
[Signal Request] Adjust the Surplus Buffer (March/April 2021) - New @ultraschuppi proposes raising the Surplus Buffer with voting options going up to 80 MM.
‘Oh my god, this is taking ages, why can’t things be simple?’
Collateral Calls - Calling all Projects! @juanjuan sets up a signup thread for projects wishing to present on the bi-weekly collateral call. Know any potential collateral partners that want to present? Refer them here.
Collateral Status Index - Confused about the current status of the various collateral types that have been discussed recently? Check out this post to find out the status and current position of each within the onboarding process.
MakerDAO Standard Governance Processes - @LongForWisdom writes a brief overview of the currently operating governance processes in the Maker community. Confused between Signals, Declarations and MIPs? Look no further.
The Official Welcome Thread - A welcome and introductions thread. Not strictly speaking governance, but if anyone new or old wants to introduce themselves, now is your chance!
‘Oh %#$?, we need a doodad, and we need it now.’
We could always use help reviewing MIPs in the Request for Comment phase