Governance at a Glance!
March 18, 2021
The one stop shop for finding out what’s being discussed by governance right now.
Links reflect my view of the most noteworthy activity in the governance, risk, and oracles categories right now. Disagree? Think something should be added? Leave a reply or a pm.
Three Point Summary
‘What do I need to know as an MKR Holder this week?’
- Another day, another DAI: supply hits yet another ATH with 2.85B DAI in circulation.
- The protocol has passed another major milestone, hitting 100M DAI in annualized stability fee revenue.
- DAI Descipher is back to full functionality, showing a weekly VWAP for DAI at $1.002
ICYMI - Announcements
- Artists are given a chance to win Dai and have some featured artwork at MakerDAO by creating a visual piece based on one of the original MakerDAO Core Principles.
‘What’s going on? You think what?! You’re 100% wrong, and here’s why…’
‘Yo, do you even signal?’
[Signal Request] Increase Uniswap DAI-ETH, USDC-ETH, & DAI-USDC Debt Ceilings + add DC-IAM - New! - @NikKunkel signals raising the Debt Ceilings and implementing the DC Instant Access Module for many of the UNI-V2 vault types.
[Signal Request] Adjust the Surplus Buffer (March/April 2021) - New! - @ultraschuppi signals raising the Surplus Buffer (again), with @SebVentures giving some helpful risk analysis concerning what a “safe” SB looks like for Maker’s current portfolio.
Other Active Signals
- [Signal Request] Adjust ZRX-A DC-IAM-line
- [Signal Request] Adjust COMP-A DC-IAM-line
- [Signal Request] Adjust YFI-A DC-IAM-line
- [Signal Request] Adjust PSM-USDC DC
‘Oh my god, this is taking ages, why can’t things be simple?’
Collateral Calls - Calling all Projects! @juanjuan sets up a signup thread for projects wishing to present on the bi-weekly collateral call. Know any potential collateral partners that want to present? Refer them here.
Collateral Status Index - Confused about the current status of the various collateral types that have been discussed recently? Check out this post to find out the status and current position of each within the onboarding process.
MakerDAO Standard Governance Processes - @LongForWisdom writes a brief overview of the currently operating governance processes in the Maker community. Confused between Signals, Declarations and MIPs? Look no further.
The Official Welcome Thread - A welcome and introductions thread. Not strictly speaking governance, but if anyone new or old wants to introduce themselves, now is your chance!
‘Oh %#$?, we need a doodad, and we need it now.’
We could always use help reviewing MIPs in the Request for Comment phase