Governance at a Glance!
The one stop shop for finding out what’s being discussed by governance right now.
Links reflect my view of the most noteworthy activity in the governance, risk and oracles categories right now. Disagree? Think something should be added? Leave a reply or a pm.
Three (Or Two) Point Summary
‘What do I need to know as an MKR Holder this week?’
- Since the beginning of this year, DAI supply grew from 1.1B to this week’s ATH of 2.9B.
- Regardless of the rise in demand, DAI manages to keep its peg: the volume-weighted average price is at $1.002 for this week.
ICYMI - Announcements
- All 97 initiatives in the MakerDAO ecosystem (including community calls, grants, products, teams) are now collected in one place, thanks to @amyjung.
- Also from the Operational Support Team comes the Call for Proposals program, serving to identify and fill any needs of MakerDAO.
- The Project Compass working group is now official. Their task: to establish a framework for future vision setting in the DAO.
‘What’s going on? You think what?! You’re 100% wrong, and here’s why…’
Emerging global AML/KYC framework and DeFi (and Maker) - New @jacek raises the issue of KYC regulations as they relate to MakerDAO.
Should we burn the admin keys? An argument for minting MKR - New Building on previous discussions, @juanjuan advocates for a joint effort to discuss contributor compensation and potentially form a working group to tackle the issue of minting MKR for vesting purposes.
‘Yo, do you even signal?’
[Signal Request] Adjust the Surplus Buffer (March/April 2021) - Ongoing @ultraschuppi is looking for consensus on raising the Surplus Buffer and potentially burning some MKR from fees.
‘Oh my god, this is taking ages, why can’t things be simple?’
Collateral Calls - Calling all Projects! @juanjuan sets up a signup thread for projects wishing to present on the bi-weekly collateral call. Know any potential collateral partners that want to present? Refer them here.
Collateral Status Index - Confused about the current status of the various collateral types that have been discussed recently? Check out this post to find out the status and current position of each within the onboarding process.
MakerDAO Standard Governance Processes - @LongForWisdom writes a brief overview of the currently operating governance processes in the Maker community. Confused between Signals, Declarations and MIPs? Look no further.
The Official Welcome Thread - A welcome and introductions thread. Not strictly speaking governance, but if anyone new or old wants to introduce themselves, now is your chance!
‘Oh %#$?, we need a doodad, and we need it now.’
We could always use help reviewing MIPs in the Request for Comment phase