Governance at a glance

The one stop shop for finding out what’s being discussed by governance right now.
Links reflect my personal view of the most noteworthy activity in the governance and risk categories right now. Disagree? Think something should be added? Leave a reply or a pm. Updated 12/09/19

Three Point Summary
‘What do I need to know as an MKR Holder this week?’

• Dai continues to trade around 1.5% above the peg, but with the recent stability fee reductions Dai Supply has been increasing.
  • @Vishesh says: ‘I think taking >6 days to observe the effects of a rate change is reasonable before making a subsequent change, also I propose .5% changes instead of 2% changes. From a process management standpoint, consistent small changes is a better practice than infrequent large changes.’
  • MKR Holders have ratified the Interim Governance Facilitator Mandate and Risk Team Mandate.

Active Discussions
‘What’s going on? You think what?! You’re 100% wrong, and here’s why…’

An update on DSR and initial values New - In which Cyrus plagiarises his own blogpost for discussion by the community. How will we approach DSR generally? How will we do the initial implementation?

Current Signaling Process New - In which I outline the current signalling process as I see it. Agree? Disagree? Share your thoughts here.

[TUSD] - Adding as collateral to MCD New - Our first collateral on-boarding request form has been completed by the team behind TUSD. Do we want TUSD as collateral for MCD? What are the pros and cons?

Introducing the Stablematic On-Chain Market Maker - New - In which I specify an idea for an on-chain market maker with beneficial properties for MKR Holders. Does this work? Do we even want something like this? Only you can answer these questions.

Seeking Consensus
‘Bro, do you even signal?’

Should we change the stability fee poll cadence? New - Seeking consensus on whether the regular stability fee poll cadence needs to be changed from once a week. Are we looking for a longer cadence? If so, how long?

Signal Request: Should we move to exponential rate stepping for stability fee polls? Moving On-chain! - Seeking consensus around moving to exponential stepping in the stability fee polls. Is this an improvement? Do we lose anything by doing this?

Is our goal more individual voters, or more MKR locked? - ChrisBlec asks for clarification around our goals. Are we aiming to maximize MKR voting, or unique voters? Some contention to be found here!

Ongoing Initiatives
‘Oh my god, this is taking ages, why can’t things be simple?’

Signaling Guidelines - Seeking consensus on a canonical set of guidelines around signalling on this forum. Are these good guidelines? What else should we include?

Meta: Coordinating Collateral Due Diligence - Coordinating due-diligence for the first wave of collateral assets proposed for MCD. Is this something the community can do? Can we do it well enough?

Systemic Risk Directory - Collating the various systemic risks identified by members of the community. Is everything going to explode in the future? Click here to find out!

On the Horizon
‘Wait, we need to worry about what now?’

Consensus Decision Making vs Plurality Voting - Considering the difference between plurality and consensus decision making. How do we make decisions? How should we make decisions in the future?

Navigating the waters between now (SCD) and MCD with the DSR - Considering how we move from SCD to MCD. What challenges will we face? What process should we follow?

Help Wanted
‘Oh %#$?, we need a doodad, and we need it now.’

Wanted: Styling for this forum and the Community Development Portal - Looking for an individual or team to make this forum and the community portal look pretty. Funding Available. Personally, I am partial to lime-green.

7 Likes

I’m planning on updating this at least once a week going forward. Is this useful? What else would you like to see? Any feedback is welcome.

I’d like to have a section headed Ongoing Initiatives which calls attention to the governance or risk related projects that are actively being worked on. If you are working on something governance/risk related and have a moment to spare, write up a summary post of what you are doing, and I’ll link to it here. This goes equally for the Foundation, can we get a very brief post describing each governance/risk related thing that is currently happening (as much as can be shared?) The planned governance dashboard comes to mind as one example.

4 Likes

Love this idea, maybe once it becomes a habit we can call it out in the Governance call and in the socials.

There is a Community and Governance portal being worked on right now that houses ‘canonical’ docs and information about ongoing initiatives. It might be expanded to include Risk as well.

I’m thinking about setting up some subcategories in the Community section for projects that require comment and another for ‘bounties’. The Governance Dashboard is a good example, it’s been difficult to find a team willing to take the on the project.

Later: As an experiment, I’ve just created a help-wanted tag and posted a RFP for a Governance Dashboard.

2 Likes

Had a brief look at the community and governance portal, looks great. I’ll have some reading to do.

I’ll add a ‘Help Wanted’ section to this whole summary thing, including anything governance or risk related.
Edit: Added.

Updated 10/07/19 with ongoing initiatives.

Updated 15/07/19 with a recent signal poll. Friendly reminder to everyone that we’re still looking for volunteers to help with collateral due-diligence!

I just registered twitter.com/mkrgov, maybe we can use it to put more focus on these items also.
(other good suggestions also welcome of course)

Updated with this weeks intrigues. @kwadrex create a new topic about the twitter account? Sounds there are a couple of things we could do there. Happy to add a link to it from here.

@LongForWisdom I’m just seeing this now due to typo in my name :slight_smile:
I’ll create a new thread for it.

Hah, my bad @kwadrax, sorry!

Edited for the new week, not too many changes. Everyone start some more interesting conversations!

Updated for this week, I’m going to start adding ‘new’ tags to new stuff that comes in each week. Let me know if there are any other things you’d like to see or changes I should think about making.

1 Like

Updated: a little later than I planned but discussion has been light this last week. Would it be beneficial to sticky this? (Currently I have to post each time I update it to move it back to the top of the forum)

@rich.brown can we do sticky posts on discourse?

It’s set up to pin topics that are unread by default. Once a user scrolls to the bottom of the thread it becomes unpinned. Someone would have to test the implications of changing the setting site wide.

Users can also change it in their own settings in Interface -> Other: [x] Automatically unpin topics when I reach the bottom.

EDIT: I just pinned this topic in the Governance category.

2 Likes

This is a great summary!!!

2 Likes

Updated ahead of the weekly governance and risk meeting. Glad you found this summary useful, mario. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Updated as usual. :slight_smile:

2 Likes