As mentioned in previous updates, we want to re-appear in the grants scene, to have devs create on top of the Maker Protocol. EthOnline is the first hackathon we sponsored this year, and although we suggested ideas of what we wanted these hackers to build, the projects that applied for our grant didn’t do anything related to that. Instead, they were focused on using Dai as a stablecoin integrating it with superfluid to add streams into their idea.
These are the winners of the Maker prize:
- Osmotic Funding distributes funds to gitcoin Grants from a pool of DAI based on their votes from the gitcoin token holder community.
- MoNa, The project wants to bring cryptoeconomic/defi/game theory to the world of judging and interactions whit NFT.
- Unstoppable Streams is a decentralized live streaming solution, with tickets as NFTs, streamed payments via super tokens, video NFTs from live streams, tips to creators, and random prize giveaways to stream viewers.
And our learnings of this process:
- There are a lot of new devs coming into the space because of NFTs.
- Interacting with the Maker Protocol is hard for new devs. If we want them to do something different than integrating Dai, we need to create more guides for new devs and be closer to them during the hackathons. Having a dev-advocate during the month of the hackathon is essential to onboard them on Maker.
- We need to participate in more hackathons, It is not just a branding good practice. It also helps us interact with the ecosystem and let them know how they can collaborate with us.
We started working with BanklessDAO, the writers guild, to create press releases for Maker’s most important announcements. Once we have the press release (which is also posted in the BanklessDAO Medium), we distribute it to various media outlets to inform them about what is happening in Maker. Until now, BanklessDAO has done two:
- Maker x Aave: Tackling Variable Interest Rates in DeFi
- MakerDAO Welcomes Liquid Staked ETH (stETH) to the Ethereum DeFi Ecosystem
Anchorage custody is live with Maker vote delegation. This is huge for us!!! and we are discussing with them about the announcement.