As part of our goal to reliably cover the responsibilities laid out in the GovComms mandate, we are looking to hire a full-time Engagement Lead. The role outlined below is subject to change and may shift with the priorities and needs of the team. We are looking for a proactive, wise, and competent professional who can work with our team to develop this role.
The Engagement Lead at MakerDAO’s role is split between interacting and tracking the organization and its stakeholders. The purpose of this role is to continuously engage with the DAO for the purpose of improving informational availability, improving communication practices, maintaining a number of live resources, finding gaps in information we publish, and giving the community more access to engage and learn about current events.
Each quarter should contain one to two research projects that result in actionable items to improve the communications and business processes at MakerDAO.
Hosting Issue Discussion Calls
Coordinate and host a weekly or bi-weekly issue discussion calls.
Creating and managing a number of stakeholder registries.
Privately collecting contact information for various stakeholder groups, for internal-use in stakeholder research, outreach, and emergency communications.
Create and maintain a public organizational chart.
Press Relations Support
Act as a point-person for a media inquiries email, as well as manage the forum’s Media section.
Community Moderator Management
Work with community moderators to ensure coverage, best practices, and aid in dispute resolution.
- Strong Project Management skills.
- Ability to synthesize information and display it in easy to understand visual format.
- Ability to moderate potentially complex conversations around DeFi, Web3 and TradFi.
- Prior experience with public speaking, hosting podcast or webinars.
- Prior experience with user research, interviewing, relationship management, or investor relations.
- Highly organized, able to filter through the noise in order to manage timelines and due dates.
- Comfortable with social interaction as well as building and fostering relationships.
- Excel skills.
- Data visualization skills.
- Familiarity and adaptability when it comes to software tools (Miro, Figma, Content Planning, Video Conferencing tools)
- Interested in decentralized organizations and governance.
- Excellent written english skills.
- Familiarity with MakerDAO.
- Good understanding of DAO’s or experience of working with a Web3 project
- Prior exposure with decentralized governance tools, understanding of Improvement Proposals and RFC
- Published content
- Hosted public calls
- Background knowledge in data security best practices.
- Proactive about having a vision for this arm of the team’s mandate.
Level 1- Entry Level: Learning to use professional concepts.
Level 2- Developing: Developing professional expertise.
Level 3- Career: A full understanding of own area expertise revolving around a wide range of issues
Level 4-Advanced: Experience resolving complex issues in creative and effective ways. Provides leadership.
Level 5 - Specialist: Has broad expertise across division or unique knowledge, senior management level
Level 6 - Principal: Director Level
Send me an email with your CV and a brief introduction about yourself.