Hostile Takeover

Hello, my name is Uncle.

I wish we had more time to get to know each other, but time is of the essence!

I have firsthand evidence that there is an attempt to take over the protocol. The recent price depression of MKR is no coincidence. It is an orchestrated attack, by DeFi’s greatest villain, DegenSpartan. Please see our private exchange below. I’ve written about it as part of my investigative reporting: here

I believe it is time to expose his villainous acts and restore the price of MKR to it’s rightful place.

Godspeed, Uncle

6 Likes

Slightly entertained.

10 Likes

I’ll just note that there is no way of knowing if this is legitimate or not. Both parties are Anon’s that likely have their own agendas.

1 Like

LFW, If you check Uncle’s posts, they are all satires similar to Onion (even the description is “Crypto’s Finest News Source” similar to Onion) so I wouldn’t think too much about it :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

3 Likes

Decentralized orgs should be strong enough to hold back attacks like this, bring it on :wink:

1 Like

FWIW, wrestling control of governance gives you access to more than just the surplus buffer. I think there are some other factors at play in the current market price, and this is giving far too much credit to DegenSpartan, but everyone should understand that whoever controls the MKR controls the protocol, that is not a secret. Everyone has the same opportunity to buy as DS, and if an anon twitter shitposter gets control of the protocol, then those are the rules of the game. There’s always Emergency Shutdown and global settlement if other majority holders don’t like it.

This is a fake (photoshopped) conversation