[Informal Poll] Moving Governance and Risk Meeting Time, Leaving Meeting Open after Recording Ends

Hello all. A couple of ideas have been floated regarding the weekly Governance and Risk Meeting. I’d like to get the community’s input on the following issues.

Moving the Meeting 1 hour later, to 17:00 UTC

Previously the Governance and Risk meeting time was set in PST rather than UTC, this meant that it adjusted alongside the Daylight Savings changes in PST. Now that it is defined in terms of UTC (which overall I do believe makes more sense, it puts it quite early in some timezones during the winter (8am.)

Should we move the Governance and Risk Meeting 1 hour later?
  • Yes (17:00 UTC)
  • No (Remain at 16:00 UTC)
  • Abstain

0 voters

Leaving the Meeting open after the official recording for general discussion

@mrabino1 made a request that the Governance and Risk Meeting stay open after the official call in case people wish to socialize or continue the discussion in a more informal setting. How do people feel about this?

For myself, I’m not sure if I will be staying on after an hour and thirty minutes, but I don’t see any real harm in leaving it open for those that feel otherwise.

Happy to hear arguments against, if anyone has any. Anything that took place after the recording would not be part of the official call, and would not be actively moderated.

Should we leave the Governance and Risk Meeting room open after the official call ends?
  • Yes, we should leave the G&R Meeting room open after the meeting and recording ends.
  • No, we shouldn’t leave the G&R Meeting room open after the meeting and recording ends.
  • Abstain

0 voters

2 Likes