The recent forum discussion pertaining to the Proposal to Reform Maker’s RWF CU has brought some interesting thoughts and debates including but not limited to:
- Splitting the RWF CU into two (2) entities @PaperImperium
- Framework of basic expectations by MakerDAO ( ex. standardised agreement) @christiancdpetersen
- Adopt traditional banks structured frameworks across various “lines of defence” to underwrite and manage credit risk. @luca_pro
- More decentralization and creation of more RWA CU @SebVentures
- MakerDAO needs to ask itself if it wants to be a defi protocol or a bank @jameskmccall
6.And any other good observations by others (please read the Post for more colour)
And by @brettlyons
Goldfinch whitepaper states:
Proposed (Informal) that Asset Originators (AO) be Required to Stake MKR
All AOs provides a leverage up to a maximum total that is calculated as the leverage ratio multiplied by the total value of MKR staked. For example, if the AO Stakes $1M worth of MKR, then MakerDAO provides a 4.0X leverage ratio. Hence, Maker allocates up to $4M total leverage. This can be adjusted higher with creditworthiness/repayment history.
The Staked MKR serves as collateral against potential defaults. When an AO defaults, the MKR staked is sent to the
flapper as a surplus auction.
AO Creditworthiness = rewards?
To reward AOs for staking MKR, Brett Lyons ask if we reward AOs with favorable terms, such as 10 BPs?
- I have a better idea–see my comments below
- 5x to 10x
- My suggestion is written below
- Dumb idea this can be gamed
- More, see my comment below
- Dude this can be gamed
Please ADD any ideas, or suggestions regarding Staking MKR. Or, if you think this is plain silly either way your comments and ideas are priceless when building and shaping the growth of MakerDAO
Will let it run till September 17, 2021. TY in advance for your participation.