Leveraging Social Media + Charity Drive To Raise Profile of DAI

As has been discussed, I have several significant US-UK-Canada populated groups on FB. I was thinking about how to possibly utilize them in a way that would be helpful to Maker, and I would be interested in trying to push some kind of “donate DAI to charity” setup.

I know a few charities already accept DAI (like Save The Children). Because the IRS rules crypto as property, this means it would be a tax deductible donation for Americans, just like with dollars.

I’m still thinking through the details, but figure there could be two objectives: one is make DAI something more people in N Am and UK have heard of. The other is demonstrating a charitable, tax-deductible use case for DAI that doesn’t require bullish holders of crypto assets to sell.

Thoughts? Do we have any materials for this? What CU would I want to organize this with? Do we already have any charitable partners who emphasize DAI?

Thanks!

4 Likes

From UNICEF to Red Cross Argentina, all the major Dai donation initiative have been led by Maker’s business team so Growth Core Unit might be a natural fit.

1 Like

Let them use DAI directly as @Doo_Nam says so far it is Unicef from Argentina.

It could be massive, yes.

If there was an organization that receives BitPay technically we are there, as well as coinbase.

I think I know of one, as soon as I find it I’ll leave the link.

Maybe Mariano can help with this, it is not at all far-fetched.