Recorded Developer Updates
Thank you all for joining the weekly meeting. We have 24 participants on the call today.
Agenda items should be posted to forum.makerdao.com or in #meeting-agenda on Rocket Chat
Upon conclusion of the formal portion of the meeting, further topics will be discussed and debated.
- Contracted Trail of Bits (ToB) to audit the rest of Dappsys, starting October 30th
- Nikolai: Spoke with Rain and Rune about MKR stability fee changes. Will take another week to present a general solution where exact value flows can be configured at deploy time. We want to avoid a situation where everybody comes to their senses but we’ve engineered ourselves into a corner. We can debate options publicly once they are all available concretely in code, it is too messy otherwise.
- Prism (DRI: Ryepdx)
- Scheduled for ToB audit #2
- DSChief (DRI: nikolai)
- Token redeploy and auxiliary deployments (redeemer, burner, chief-auth, weth, etc)
- Waiting on ToB audit #1 which covers ds-token
- Bytecode multisig
- Sai - Simplecoin (DRI: Rain)
- Keepers (DRI: Reverendus)
- Created a simple “emergency push button” script for stopping keeper activity, overriding all pending txs and cancelling all open orders on OasisDEX.
- Created a private keeper-internal repo to accommodate internal keepers (the ones developed to be used by the Foundation only).
- Created first version of keeper-maker-otc-driver, a tool to constantly monitor ETH/USD price on GDAX and update the market maker config depending on the volatility of that price.
- Unit-tested the market maker keeper for more resilience.
- Feeds (DRI: mariano)
- Reports from the last 3 months of feeds around gas use between old and new contracts
- Prototyping Maker redeemer UI
- Oasis (DRI: Geronimo):
- Oasis DEX:
- Oasis API and will push another commit soon.
- I’m envisioning 3 iterations for this.
- Each iteration will have a testing phase inbetween.
- First iteration is almost complete and will include pulling data from Oasis
- including but not limited to: price data, volume data, tokens whitelisted, highest bid, lowest ask, order book, as well as things like total supply of MKR so we can get relisted on coinmarketcap).
- After this first iteration is done I want to start running stress tests on the API for CPU/Mem/Bandwidth requirements so I know what kind of VPS we need to provision. I’d like it to be an independent VPS from what oasisdex.com is being run on so if the API goes down or gets DDOS’ed it doesn’t affect OasisDex.
- Second iteration will allow people to do actions that require sending txs that change state like making and cancelling orders.
- Business Development: (DRI: Matt)
- Eth waterloo hackathon sponsorship secured
- Community manager west
- Market maker (internal keep)
- Technical Account Manager (focusing on integrations)
- Analytics Developer
- UX Developer
- General Counsel (Regulation)
- Business Development (DRI: Rune)
- Idex.market added SAI as a trading pair
- China (DRI: Rune)
- General social media campaign
Topics discussed here are not binding and should not be taken out of context of an open discussion. More is said during the general topics than what can be faithfully transcribed into written text