Maker Relay 14
Hey everyone, thanks for checking out Maker Relay!
Whether you hold Maker (MKR) or DAI, own a vault, or want to get more involved in MakerDAO governance, this is your one-stop-shop for updates on the MakerDAO ecosystem.
|Poll Name||Type||Discussion||If Passed|
|MIP15 - Dark Spell Mechanism||MIP||Discussion||Will be moved to Accepted status|
|MIP7c3-SP3 - Domain Team Onboarding (Risk)||Sub-Proposal||Discussion||Primož Kordež will be onboarded as a Risk Domain Team|
|MIP7c3-SP4 - Domain Team Onboarding (Smart Contracts)||Sub-Proposal||Discussion||Christopher Mooney, Wil Barnes, Lucas Manuel, and Brian McMichael will be onboarded as part of the Smart Contract Domain Team|
|MIP12c2-SP4 - LRC Collateral Onboarding||Sub-Proposal||Discussion||Will be moved to Accepted status. LRC will be onboarded to the Maker Protocol for use as collateral|
|MIP12c2-SP5 - COMP Collateral Onboarding||Sub-Proposal||Discussion||Will be moved to Accepted status. COMP will be onboarded to the Maker Protocol for use as collateral|
|MIP12c2-SP6 - LINK Collateral Onboarding||Sub-Proposal||Discussion||Will be moved to Accepted status. LINK will be onboarded to the Maker Protocol for use as collateral|
|MIP13c3-SP2 - Declaration of Intent - Dai Flash Mint Module||Sub-Proposal||Discussion||Will be moved to Accepted status.|
Weekly Governance Cycle
Some polls use instant run-off, so you can select multiple options and ranked-choices will be prioritized.
|Poll Name||Vote||Discussion||Results||Unique Voters|
|Adjust the PAXUSD-A Debt Ceiling||Vote||Discussion||Ends Oct 1st||3(+)|
|Base Rate Adjustment: -3.75% to 4.25%||Vote||Discussion||Ends Oct 1st||2(+)|
Community Greenlight Polls
Greenlight polls close on Oct 5 at 16:00 UTC.
|Collateral||MIP9 Poll||MIP6 Application|
|MOONI-ETH-USDC (Mooniswap ETH-USDC Liquidity Pool)||Vote||Application|
|MOONI-ETH-WBTC (Mooniswap ETH-WBTC Liquidity Pool)||Vote||Application|
|BAL (Balancer Token)||Vote||Application|
|MOONI-ETH-USDT (Mooniswap ETH-USDT Liquidity Pool)||Vote||Application|
|cDAI (Compound DAI)||Vote||Application|
|CGT (CACHE Gold)||Vote||Application|
|BPT-80BAL-20WETH (80% BAL 20% ETH Balancer Pool Token)||Vote||Application|
|CAT (ShuttleOne Credit Application Token)||Vote||Application|
|wNXM (Wrapped NXM)||Vote||Application|
Monthly MIPs Governance Poll: Passed Sept 24 with 26,078.41 MKR and 13 unique voters.
Multiple Changes: passed Sep 28 with 73,060.73 MKR and 47 unique voters.
Execution on Sep 28, 2020, 22:45 UTC:
Debt Ceiling Changes
- The BAT-A Debt Ceiling will increase from 5 million to 10 million.
- The USDC-A Debt Ceiling will increase from 400 million to 485 million.
- The TUSD-A Debt will increase from Ceiling 50 million to 135 million.
- The PAX-A Debt will increase from Ceiling 30 million to 60 million.
- Due to the debt ceiling changes, the Global Line parameter will increase from 1196 million to 1401 million.
- Kyber will be whitelisted on the ETHUSD Medianizer contract.
- DDEX will be whitelisted on the BTCUSD Medianizer contract.
- The ETHUSD v1 Medianizer will be whitelisted on the ETHUSD Medianizer contract for Opyn.
- yearn.finance will be whitelisted on the BTCUSD OSM contract.
- Base Rate meta-parameter will increase from 0% to 0.25%
- ETH-A Risk Premium will increase from 0% to 2%
- ETH-A Stability Fee will increase from 0% to 2.25%
- USDC-A Stability Fee will increase from 4% to 4.25%
- WBTC-A Stability Fee will increase from 4% to 4.25%
- TUSD-A Stability Fee will increase from 4% to 4.25%
- PAXUSD-A Stability Fee will increase from 4% to 4.25%
- BAT-A Stability Fee will increase from 4% to 4.25%
- MANA-A Stability Fee will increase from 12% to 12.25%
- ZRX-A Stability Fee will increase from 4% to 4.25%
- KNC-A Stability Fee will increase from 4% to 4.25%
- USDT-A Stability Fee will increase from 8% to 8.25%
- USDC-B Stability Fee will increase from 50% to 50.25%
Add ETH-B Vault Collateral Type - September, 2020
- Ends On Oct 5
Should we take a more flexible and transparent approach to onboarding collateral?
- Ends On Oct 1
Improvements to the Collateral Onboarding Framework | Forum Signal Thread
- Increase community involvement
- Increase agility, allow more flexibility
- MIP14: Protocol Dai Transfer Update
- MIP17: Weekly Actual Debt Ceiling Adjustments
Proposals in the Request-For-Comments phase include:
- MIP13c3-SP3: Declaration of Intent - Strategic reserves fund (SRF)
- MIP20: Target Price Adjustment Module (Vox)
- MIP21: Real-World Assets - Off-Chain Asset-Backed Lender
- MIP22: Centrifuge Direct Liquidation Module
- MIP23: Domain Structure and Roles
- MIP24: Emergency Response
- MIP25: Flash Mint Module
Learn more about Maker Improvement Proposals (MIPs)
- Decreased the USDC, PAX, and TUSD liquidation ratios to 101% to help stabilize the peg
- The Gitcoin feed key was replaced on the MANA-USD Oracle
- Finished working on the flash mint module, will post about it in the forum and do a code review next week
- Next week: review MIP21 for RWA
- TUSD Implementation was whitelisted
- A few whitelisting proposals for DDEX, OPYN, Yearn, Kyber
- Submitted Collateral Onboarding Oracle Assessments for PAXGUSD Oracle and YFI Oracle
- (Discussion) Unwinding Stablecoin Exposure - @Primoz speaks about some of the options available to start unwinding direct stablecoin exposure.
- Close to finalizing new rate setting approach
The Vault Compensation Approval poll ended Tuesday, ** Sept 22** at 16:00 UTC with a decision not to distribute compensation, with 87,899.67 or 8.74% of MKR voting from 38 unique addresses.
The controversial decision has received coverage in a variety of news outlets, including:
- Vault Compensation Plan Approval Poll
- Vault Compensation Plan v3
- Vault Compensation Plan v2
- Black Thursday Vault owners report Thread
- Vault Compensation Postmortem by @monet-supply
@SebVentures raises questions about how Maker can legally accept and liquidate real-world assets (RWA):
- [Discussion] Legal structures of MakerDAO
- [Signal Request] Should we take a more flexible and transparent approach to onboarding collateral?
Collateral Onboarding Call
Last week @marczeller and Stani from Aave and @tylerwinklevoss from Gemini presented LEND and GUSD collateral types. Check out the call summary and video recording on the forum.
Join the Summary Team
The Community Development (CommDev) team is looking for writers to join the Summary Team.
@Davidutro opens a call for new recruits:
State of the Peg
- DAI peg in the past 24 hours has been close to the recent price floor of 1.01. Today, it has been dipping below $1.01.
- Dai supply inching closer and closer to one billion.
- Utilization is mixed:
- Eth at 65%
- BAT at 80%
- USDC-A at 94%
- WBTC at 69%
- TUSD at 98.73%
- Just over 500k minted from other vault types.
- Volume at around $189 million this last week.
- Average VWAP (Volume-Weighted-Average-Price) places Dai at $1.011.
- ETH vaults collateralization ratio is trimodal in the lower buckets of 150-300 collateralization.
- First significant liquidation wall at $279 ETH.
- For WBTC, the first liquidation wall is at $9394, for 35 million Dai.
- The largest vaults in WBTC still sit at ~175% collateralized
- Maker Foundation and Pundi X is set to unveil Dai-Agent network in Ghana
- How Dai Is Becoming the Currency of the NFT Digital Art and Culture Market
Maker Forum Deep Dai-ve
[Discussion] ETH-B Vault
- @Primoz asks for feedback on adjusting risk parameters for the ETH-B Vault :
Podcast and Video
- [Youtube] What is MakerDao and Why DAI is the Best Collateral out there
- [Youtube] MakerDAO Community Call Sept 22, 2020: Maker Relay 13
- [Youtube] Async Art Launch Day Livestream (Edited)
- [Youtube] MakerDAO Community Collateral Onboarding Call: Sept 23, 2020
Meetings and Events
MakerDAO Open Calls
- Tuesdays at 16:00 UTC | Crowdcast
Community Collateral Onboarding
- Bi-weekly Wednesdays at 17:00 UTC | Zoom - Message #governance-and-risk for Admission
- Agenda For October 7:
Governance & Risk
- Thursdays at 16:00 UTC | Zoom
- Sept 30 Stable Coins Demystified: The Why, How, and Where
- Oct 1: Blockchain Education in Africa
- Oct 6: How Stablecoins Will Drive Mainstream Growth & Adoption in the Cryptoeconomy
- Oct 2-20: ETHOnline
Discuss and debate Maker governance in the Forum and over Maker Chat
Propose technical changes, poll, and vote in the Governance Portal
Learn more about the Maker protocol in our Documentation
Disclaimer: This update is assembled by a group of contributing members in the MakerDAO community. This does and should not serve as financial advice or an inducement to vote in any specific way. This update is purely for informative and for communications purposes only.