Hi everyone, thanks for checking out Maker Relay! Whether you hold MKR or DAI, own a vault, or want to get more involved in governance, this is your one-stop-shop for MakerDAO updates.
This Week in Governance
Community Deep Dai-ve
Mark your Calendar
The Executive Vote planned for December 3rd has been postponed until December 6th due to outstanding tasks that need to be completed by the Protocol Engineering and Collateral Engineering Services Core Units.
The AAVE-A Vault has been offboarded in accordance with the October 25th Signal Request, and November 18th Executive. The offboarding of this vault led to liquidations, which Vault user @richards86 expresses in his post. The subject was then further discussed during the G&R Call #170.
A front-end attack on BadgerDAO facilitated the loss of around $120 mil in customer funds, with the largest loss attributed to the centralized lending platform, Celsius.
The hacker was able to drain around $50 million in BTC from the Celsius hot-wallet before the BadgerDAO team paused the contract.
While the loss isn’t significant compared to the overall funding the protocol received, Celsius holds the second-largest wBTC-A vault with nearly $417 million in total debt.
- DAI peg experienced slippage during the market drop on Thursday/Friday. It quickly snapped back into the ~1.00 range.
- Here’s a deeper look at it.
- December 2nd - December 5th daily minimum price on this chart move from .84 to .92, .97, and .98.
- Zooming out on the weekly: min of 0.847 and max of 1.062 - or a 7-day average of .9998 on 726 million of DAI volume.
- DAI supply held the 9bil mark through the week of wobbles.
- Net mint of 125.6 million over the last week.
- Net amount of new vaults is 104.
- December 4th was a busy one for Dai, with over 746 million Dai routing through Uniswap and 1inch alone.
- ETH-A 2.94 billion
- PSM USDC 2.93 billion
- WBTC 1.20 million
- ETH-C 599.70 million
- PSM USDP 462.68 million
- ETH-B 134.97 million
- GUNI DAI-USDC 76.80 million
- UniV2DaiUSDC 77.10 million
- LINK 64.41 million
- stEth 31.92 million
- UniV2DaiEth 31.29 million
- YFI 29.56 million
- MATIC-A 19.47 million
- UniV2UsdcEth 18.91 million
- UniV2WBTCEth 18.12 million
- UNI 10.99 million
- NSDROP 10.14 Million
- UniV2UniEth 9.44 million
- WBTC-C 8.02 million
- MANA 6.25 million
- renBTC 5.02 million
- GUSD 4.94 million
- HTC-DROP 2.12 million
- 6s Capital 1.42 million
- UniV2wBTC-Dai 748k
- Other vaults below 500K (wBTC-B, FFT1-DROP, CF-DROP) at 1.1 million.
- ETH vaults collateralization has stayed mostly steady outside of the initial spike after the launch of the WETH-stETH pool. ETH-C has the highest average debt-weighted collateralization ratio at just over 389%.
- Liquidation Walls get steep just above 17%. Another drop would place the UNIV2 wBTC-ETH-A at the greatest risk of liquidation.
- Even in that hypothetical simulation, most vaults are low risk or actively managed.
The wBTC vaults have a Gini score of .02 and 0.0, meaning these vaults are near “total equality,” i.e., all vaults near even debt exposure.
- The Gini Coefficient measures wealth dispersion within a nation or social group. In crypto, this statistic can be used to measure a chain’s native token dispersion. In this case - we’re quantifying the concentration risk of individual assets.
- Despite December 3rd, WBTC-C is climbing; Total debt at 8 million.
- DAI retention is now on blockanalytica! November was huge.
- Auctions over the last week recovered 14 million over 40 auctions.
- The heaviest day, being the 3rd, averaging auction duration was 34 minutes.
- As per MIP51c4: Calendar Exceptions, there will be no Monthly Governance Cycle in December, i.e., no Formal Submission Window and no Ratification Polls.
- Proposals that intend to enter January’s Governance Cycle must be posted at the latest on Wednesday 8th. The reason for this is:
- Proposals that haven’t fulfilled their Feedback Period cannot be formally submitted
- The Feedback Period spans a minimum of 28 days
- And the Formal Submission Window for January closing on Wednesday 3rd
- You can see all MIP-relevant dates for 2022 on the freshly updated MIP RFC and Formal Submission Dates post.
There is currently no active executive vote. The most recent executive vote (below) was active and passed on November 26th. It was executed on November 29th.
This Executive has passed executed on November 26th with the following changes:
- As per the successful outcome of this governance poll, WBTC-C will be onboarded with the parameters listed.
- As per the successful outcome of this governance poll, PSM-GUSD-A will be onboarded with the parameters listed below:
|Max Debt Ceiling||10 million DAI|
|Target Available Debt||10 million DAI|
|Ceiling Increase Cooldown||24 hours|
- As per the successful outcome of this governance poll,, the System Surplus Buffer increased from 60 million DAI to 90 million DAI over a period of 30 weeks (1 million DAI per week).
- As per the successful outcome of this governance poll, the Aave D3M Maximum Debt Ceiling increased from 50 million DAI to 100 million DAI.
- As per multiple successful budget proposals (linked below), DAI will be transferred and streamed to multiple Core Units:
|DECO-001||5,121,875 DAI||Proposal||Over 33 months starting 2021-12-01|
|RWF-001||1,860,000 DAI||Proposal||Over 12 months starting 2022-01-01|
|SAS-001||1,130,393 DAI||Proposal||Over 12 months starting 2021-12-01|
|MKT-001||424,944 DAI||Proposal||Over 5 months starting 2021-12-01|
|IS-001||366,563 DAI||Proposal||Over 8 months starting 2021-12-01|
|COM-001||257,500 DAI||Proposal||Over 6 months starting 2021-01-01|
|COM-001||12,242 DAI||Proposal||Over 1 month starting 2021-12-01|
|Use the MakerDAO Treasury to Fund MKR Expenses||Vote||Discussion|
|Increase the Dust Parameter for ETH-B Vault Type||Vote||Discussion|
|Increase the Dust Parameter for Most Vault Types||Vote||Discussion|
|Collateral||MIP9 Poll||MIP6 Application||Prioritization Score|
|G-UNIv3-DAIUSDP (Gelato UniswapV3 DAI-USDP LP Token)||Ends 12/20 4PM UTC||Application||-6.97|
|aUST (Anchor TerraUSD)||Ends 12/20 4PM UTC||Application||-6.97|
Check out an ‘at-a-glance’ view of the current Vault types and their parameters on MakerBurn
Should Maker Prioritize Onboarding A Compound D3M? - Signal Closes December 17th - @GFXlabs, in consultation with the @Growth-Core-Unit and prominent Compound community members, is signaling to prioritize onboarding a D3M for the Compound DAI market in hopes to grow revenue, diversify counterparty risk, and demonstrate the MakerDAO does not favor Aave.
D3M Parameters & Guidance for MOMC - Signal Closes December 9th - As we move ahead with future changes on the parameters for the D3M, @Primoz ask the community on behalf of the MOMC for some guidance on what should be the spread between Aave DAI net borrow cost (incl. rewards) and ETH-A, and what should be the D3M Debt Ceiling.
Should We Introduce a Performance Modifier to the Delegate Compensation Trial? - Signal Closes December 10th - The GovAlpha Core Unit would like to propose a change to the cut-off value for delegate compensation. They introduce a Performance Modifier which will result in a reduced amount of compensation at lower levels of metric, and ask whether we should introduce a performance modifier to the Delegate Compensation Trial.
- @SebVentures provides a detailed breakdown of Maker’s borrow concentration.
- @GFXlabs publishes a proposal template that describes how to notify users of Maker vaults during collateral offboarding.
The value locked in Defi fell by 5% within 24 hours
- ” Since mid-November, the total value locked in [DeFi protocols] has fallen from US$257 billion to US$250.55 billion, and has lost more than 5% in the past 24 hours.”
Team Updates will be removed from the Maker Relay beginning Ep 75. Instead, there will be a monthly Core Unit updates summary for November published very soon.
SES Update - 03.12.2021
LexMaker #2 ||| System of a DAO: A Legal Framework for Decentralized Autonomous Organizations
Maker Explorer #2: Crossing the Carbon Chasm
Real-World Sandbox: Final Deliverable for Consultation Round
- Join Link | GovAlpha - Mondays 17:00 UTC
- Join Link | Protocol Engineering - Tuesdays 15:00 UTC
- Join Link | Content Production - Wednesdays 15:30 UTC
- Join Link | Growth - Wednesdays 17:00 UTC
- Join Link | Sustainable Ecosystem Scaling - Tuesdays 15:30 UTC
- Join Link | Governance Communications - Fridays 18:00 UTC
- Meet Your Delegate #8 with Kianga Daverington
Library of useful links for Stakeholders; Protocol analytics, Dai analytics, collateral & liquidation metrics, governance history, and auctions data.
Voting dashboard for MKR voters.
MIPs Dashboard for everyone.
We value your input! Take our survey to let us know what we might be missing or how to do better.
Disclaimer: This update is assembled by a group of contributing members in the MakerDAO community. This does not serve as financial advice or an inducement to vote in any specific way. This update is purely for information and communication purposes only.