Makerburn updates, december 2021

Hey guys!

December has been chart month at makerburn.com and the site has become even more graphic. Here’s a bunch of stuff that changed this past month!

Dashboard charts

Dashboard numbers now have accompanying background charts that shows their recent development. This’ll hopefully help give a sense of each value’s recent momentum better than just the 24h change.

Burn auctions

Makerburn loves burns (obviously), so a bunch of features have been added to visualize the process now that the burner has been properly reignited.

Running surplus (flap) auctions now appears on top of the burn page with an instruction on how to participate.

A settlement price chart shows historic settlement prices for auctions. Prices below whatever current market price is at the time of viewing have a teal colour (appologies to all my colour blind friends).

The slippage chart shows how much above or below market we are paying when burning MKR. Auctions that went below market are coloured purple (once again appologies to all my colour blind friends).

Liquidations

A new chart visualizes recent liquidations. That one 8.4M ETH A liquidation really stands out!

Treasury page

A new treasury page shows assets currently controlled by the DAO.

Each asset may be clicked or tapped to show that specific asset’s history.

Dashboard alerts

A new card displays a countdown for when the latest executive spell may be triggered.

Another card informs whenever there are active surplus auctions to look at.

Makerburnbot upgrades

5tnmrq

Upgrades are being made continuously to Makerburnbot as well. For instance, the bot will now post burn auction offers as they are made and make a note when executive spells are triggered. Check it out in the #bot-feed discord channel.

Other stuff

Various minor changes and visual improvements are always being made, so remember to check back from time to time.

As always, if there is something you’d like to see changed or added, please don’t hesitate to reach out.

Thank you for using the site and I hope you all enjoy the upcoming holidays :slight_smile:

14 Likes

I would love to be able to download a CSV or some other format of spreadsheet for the data that populates your charts.

Amazing work!

1 Like

Thank you sooo much for your website! I love DeFi and the idea of giving everyone in the world financial equality but if I’m honest my favourite thing about MakerDAO is the BURN :smiley: Your website inspires me every day and I hope you know how much joy you bring to MKR holders all around the world. TY bro!

1 Like