Email: [email protected]
Delegate Address: 0x22d5294a23d49294Bf11D9db8bEda36e104ad9b3
Delegate Vote Tracking Link: MCD Voting Tracker
- Stakeholder Recognition - Micro to Macrocosm. People are important, too.
- Secure, Sustainable and Scalable Systems.
- Importance of Data Analytics to Goal achievement and problem solving.
My service to Maker involves the following commitments:
- In good and bad economic times, look out for the all the important Maker work-economic stakeholders (MKR holders, vault owners, DAI holder and users, MakerDAO, DeFI in general etc.).
- To looking at the system of Maker from both the internal microcosms of contracts, people, operations to the greater macrocosms of DeFI and the real world in terms of governance, law, and finance.
- To creating Safe, Scalable and Sustainable Systems as Simply and Efficiently as possible.
- To growing Maker in a way that is Sustainable for the long term.
- To use Data driven analytics to drive decision-making to achieve goals. Look towards the future by analyzing the past and present.
I arrived at Maker just as the transition from Single Collateral DAI (SCD/SAI) to MultiCollateral DAI (MCD/DAI) was occuring in November 2019. My goals are to consistently to ask the hard questions, look towards building a sustainable future, and doing this by looking at the system from the perspectives of all players using any and all available data. My ideas tend not to be implemented immediately because they break the mold of the ‘what-are-we-doing-today’ mentality that almost every organization I have been a part of does. Therefore, I look for the things that yield the greatest return in the shortest time for the least cost that is good for all stakeholders and the entire ecosystem. I see Maker as rapidly approaching the scale of many smaller nations financially, and so it is going to have to work at a fully international scale and view to navigate deep and difficult waters as it grows from 10B to 1T in assets under management. Maker desperately needs a diverse set of greater minds to focus efforts, both to be efficient, effective and forward thinking. In the highly competitive crypto/defi environment Maker needs to move faster, do it more efficiently, and above all, be willing to be first. This will mean some possible mis-steps, and some potential losses, but with proper management, Maker can continue to stand as a key leader and mover in the fast-paced blockchain Decentralized Finance space.
- Grow Maker to becoming a $1T entity with a focus on anti-fragility, decentralization, reducing systemic and user risk, using data/analytics to drive goal achievement.
- Continue to work to drive Maker into being one of the most secure, reliable, fully transparent protocols in the space.
- Exemplify excellence, integrity, honesty, and openness in the space with action by looking at both the microcosm of the DAO and system of contracts, and Maker integration into the larger DeFI ecosystems as well as how it will integrate into greater Real World of assets, finance, law and politics.
My introduction to Maker was started with a new forum thread where I encouraged people to introduce themselves and to learn the Maker basics.
I have a few hundred posts on various topics related to my above core values above that can be reviewed here.
Key highlights. After BlackThursday(BT) the effects on vault owners were still not recognized. I started up a thread for vault holders to vent, which lead to my work spearheading the Black Thursday Report for the community and an initiative regarding compensation for affected vault holders.
While BT compensation failed to compensate affected vault owners, it allowed everyone in the community to speak and laid the issue to rest for the vast majority of the community. Hence was a success from this perspective.
For various reasons, I burned out on the Maker community for a time and took a break.
Without compensation at levels above my current employ, my ability to work will be limited to what is strictly necessary to steward over the Maker system to fulfill the above commitments. As a delegate, I promise to be respectful even if I vehemently disagree with a view, listen to all parties no matter what their views, to be a fair decision maker, and open with my views. Good data or cogent argument can and will change my mind on any topic. I also pledge near 100% poll participation unless acts of God interviene. I will stand by all executives to secure the system unless I have strong opposition toward them, in which case, I will make my views publicly known.
Potential Conflicts and Alignments of interest.
- I have a vault and typically borrow from time to time.
- I am a MKR owner my ownership percentage is small relative to my total portfolio.
- I do hold DAI most times in various contracts.
- Not employed by Maker Foundation or MakerDAO and hold no position in the DAO.
Income from Maker (DAI)
- 4K for the BT report (5/2020)
- 6.3K for work on the BT compensation group. (1/2021)
- 8.4K via SourceCred DAI rewards. (inception to current.)
Finally will do my best to communicate with the community regarding my views and positions on upcoming polls and executives, make myself available via e-mail and private forum communication. I also agree to the Maker delegate Code of Conduct https://forum.makerdao.com/t/recognised-delegate-code-of-conduct as posted 20210816.
Waver of liability.
By delegating to MakerMan you acknowledge and agree that MakerMan will not be held liable for any form of damages or losses related to your delegation of your MKR to MakerMan. By delegating your MKR you still assume full responsibility for votes made on your behalf by MakerMan due to your ownership of MKR. It is your responsibility to understand the risks and costs related to delegation of your MKR, and specifically affirm and agree that at all times you have complete control over this by adding or removing your MKR from my delegation contract.