Maker's Oasis on Polygon (previously Matic)

Polygon (previously Matic) is catching like wild fire. Every single blue chip project is now joining and adding support for Polygon.

It started with Aave just 12 days ago, now its market on Polygon is almost $2B worth.
Now OpenSea and PoolTogether as well.
You can see Polygon’s twitter account with a growing number of daily integration announcements.

Polygon is getting support from the older Ethereum community so it seems to align well with the Makerdao community. But maybe I am missing something?

Heh, there are blue chips in crypto? :slight_smile:

There is a Core Unit for scaling DAI–check it out

Heard AAVE on Polygon was struggling–what happened? But for sure, it seems like Polygon, BSC, and Solana are firing on all cylinders at the moment. Both Solana and BSC protocols have struggled with traffic issues. Kind of like NBA Top Shots…

2 Likes

Leading crypto projects with strong adoption are definitely being called crypto blue chips across many crypto media outlets. MakerDAO is definitely in the very first ones getting that flattering categorization :slight_smile:

Thx for the pointer

I don’t know what you mean. Maybe I missed something. Matic became Polygon, almost at the same time QuickSwap was launched. Shortly after Aave was launched on Polygon and got huge TVL. That’s my overall understanding so far.

Yes. Many L1s and L2s being launched. That’s it, many projects going multichains as a result. I think it’s a good thing, the whole space always tends to give power in the hand of the users - i.e. Ethereum allowing anyone to create a token easily, Uniswap allowing any tokens to be listed. Now users will be able to choose the chains they want to use.

NBA Top Shot isn’t on Solana nor BSC. It’s on flow blockchain of Dapper Labs, the team behind Crypto Kitties, Cheese Wizards and Dapper Wallet among other things. Only issue with Flow I would say is that they seem very far from the ethos of open source communities like Ethereum or MakerDAO.

1 Like

Ya–totally forgot–FLOW that centralized blockchain :slight_smile:
I also think they’re doing an NFT collection of a Motorcycle Sport–not sure I’m not into motor-bike racing

So, yes–I believe AAVE was down for a few hours a few weeks back. But that’s all in the past–things seem to be working much better now.

All-in-all I believe the community here is waiting for Optimism–and some of the proposed Core Units will look to scale DAI via other alt ways–this is where you want to push the narrative with building Oasis on Matic, a.k.a Polygon (for some reason I prefer Matic)

1 Like