With the recent blogpost on collateral onboarding, we (the community) are in a position to help make some progress towards the release of MCD. The following quotes are taken from that blogpost.
The Maker community must complete a number of governance tasks, particularly those concerning the ratification of new collateral types, before we can launch MCD.
Request for Proposals: Documents are published to the MakerDAO forum for debate and feedback.
We anticipate that this cycle of proposal, evaluation, debate, and ratification will take approximately one month to complete for each bundle of assets.
There are seven proposed tokens in the first wave of collateral types for MCD. They are:
- Augur (REP)
- Basic Attention Token (BAT)
- DigixDAO (DGD)
- Ether (ETH)
- Golem (GNT)
- OmiseGo (OMG)
- 0x (ZRX)
Edit: Based on Cyrus’s reply, it appears that the on-boarding guide stuff has mostly been completed already by the Foundation. We absolutely still want volunteers with the same roles in order to contribute information for the fundamental analysis, though.
More information about exactly what we need to research should be coming in the next few weeks. Currently the plan is to spend a 1-2 weeks gathering volunteers and organising ourselves, followed by a research/collation effort over ~4 weeks. If anyone is very eager to get started, there should be enough information to go on between cyrus’ post and his qualitative risk model slides from a few meetings ago.
A call for volunteers
Much of the research effort can be completed by anyone with access to the internet, and a bit of motivation. There is also work to be done in organising, writing up and presenting this information in a clean, consistent and digestible way.
I suggest we try to find community members willing to fill the following roles.
Revered Sleuth Herder - [Token] Division - Seven, one per collateral type.
- Creates and maintains a forum thread that contains organised and well-presented information pertaining to a specific proposed collateral type.
- Will agree upon a template to follow with the other Revered Sleuth Herders, such that everything ends up in the same style.
- Co-ordinates and directs Super Sleuths with the aim of avoiding duplication of effort and completing the required sections for their assigned collateral type.
- Not required or expected to do the research themselves (though they are welcome to help)
- Should be actively adversarial towards their assigned token. This is important, do not volunteer for this if you do not believe you can take an appropriately pessimistic view.
Super Sleuth - [Token/Area] Division - As many volunteers as we can get.
- Gathers information about the collateral types.
- Can be both collateral focused (everything about REP) or area focused (Gini co-efficients for each collateral type).
- Reports said information in the collateral thread(s) where the Revered Sleuth Herder(s) can find it.
- Emphasis on providing sources. We need to be able to verify information if you are unavailable.
- No opinions without supporting data/evidence.
The central threads I am describing will also serve as a location for discussion about a specific collateral type.
Experimental use of polling/signaling, tick all that you agree with.
- This all seems very sensible. Hurrah for coordination and useful activity.
- I want to volunteer as a Revered Sleuth Herder.
- I want to volunteer as a Super Sleuth.
- I have some concerns which I will detail in a comment so they can be discussed.
- I have no sense of whimsy and I want there to be respectable job titles.