Contributors: n/a
Date Proposed: 03/08/20
Date Removed: <yyyy-mm-dd>
---
Core Personnel Role: Governance Facilitator
Core Personnel to be removed: Richard Brown

Removal Application and Supporting Evidence

Motivation

As is now well-known, Richard Brown has recently chosen to leave the Maker Foundation. As far as I can tell, this departure was entirely on good terms. In addition, he has expressed a desire to step down from the Governance Facilitator Role effective immediately.

This subproposal is largely a formality to confirm that decision and officially remove the authority and permissions Rich continues to hold under the MIPs process as a Governance Facilitator.

This subproposal should in no way be seen as a condemnation of, or a reaction to Rich’s performance as Governance Facilitator.

Relevant Information

Meeting Summary in which Rich annouced his intention to step away from his role at the Foundation.
Forum thread thanking Rich for his work.

3 Likes

PR Here: https://github.com/makerdao/mips/pull/68

Can we not approve Rich’s resignation? Where else are we going to get our daily fill of sardonic commentary?

7 Likes

Yes, technically MKR Holders can choose to not-approve it. I’m fairly sure you’re joking, but I’ll use it as an excuse to illustrate why this would be a bad idea.

In practice not approving offboarding proposals when someone wants to be offboarded would be a mistake and has the potential to lead towards ill-will on behalf of the person in question.

Realistically, if someone has decided they don’t want to do a job, MKR Holders voting isn’t going to force them to keep doing it.

For what I hope are obvious reasons, leaving unwilling personnel in positions of power is a mistake.

I’ll try to provide sardonic commentary as my schedule allows.

10 Likes