Please consider Infura as a Light Feed Oracle stakeholder. Please feel free to contact me should you require any further information.
MIP10c14: Subproposal to Appoint Light Feed
MIP10c14-SP2 Author(s): Michael Wuehler Contributors: Status: Formal Submission Date Proposed: 2020-05-28 Date Ratified: <yyyy-mm-dd>
MIP10 is meant to handle all of the Oracle related actions. Unfortunately MIP10 has inconsistencies and doesn’t conform to the monthly governance cadence that the Maker Improvement Proposal framework is built around. This has generated a backlog of Oracle proposals. While MIP10 is refactored to conform to the regular MIP process, Oracle proposals such as this one will utilize the more liberal weekly governance cycle. While strictly speaking this makes them not subproposals, they are included in the subproposal archive as a point of provenance to serve as a paper trail.
- Name: Infura
- Website: https://infura.io
- Github: https://github.com/infura
- Number of Employees: 26
- Email: [email protected]
- Incorporated: Switzerland
- Domiciled: Switzerland
- When was the organization founded? 2014
- Who are the major investors in your organization? Infura is a wholly owned operating unit of ConsenSys AG.
- How much funding has the organization raised either privately or through a token sale? ConsenSys AG is privately funded.
- Please provide public references for the above where possible. Not Available.
- Motivation for running a Light Feed
Infura has been an infrastructure provider for Ethereum API access for 4 years. We are a well funded team with experienced DevOps engineers delivering reliable, always-on access to Ethereum. We are excited at the process Maker is taking at decentralizing what has become a systemically critical piece of the Web3 ecosystem, we want to contribute to this mission and have the skills and reputation to do so.
- What has your organization contributed to the crypto community?
We are close partners with the client development teams and regularly provide feedback and contribute code based on our findings running nodes at scale. In addition, we have made several grants over the years to projects focused on improving the capabilities and efficiency of running node infrastructure. These include TurboGeth and VIPNode. We are extremely active in the conferences and Devcon, both in financially supporting them as well as participating in them.
- Successful products, services, tools, libraries, thought-leadership
Infura has always been a free service for developers to get an easy entry into Ethereum development. We also have Infura+, a premium offering for projects as they mature and get to the stage of depending on their infrastructure in production. In addition, we have supported IPFS for 4 years and have a premium IPFS product set to launch this year. We have built and open-sourced the Versus tool that allows anyone to compare performance of RPC endpoints.
- How will the Maker Community benefit from your inclusion as a Light Feed?
Infura will be a trusted addition to the existing oracle light feed providers. Our reputation will add to the already robust group of stakeholders.
- reformatted preamb le
- added disclaimer