MIP10c14: Subproposal to Appoint DeFi Saver as a Light Feed for the Maker Oracles
MIP10c14-SP#7: Author(s): Nikola Jankovic Contributors: Nenad Palinkasevic, Nikola Klipa Type: Process Component Status: Proposed Date Proposed: 2021-03-26 Date Ratified: <yyyy-mm-dd>
- Name: DeFi Saver
- Website: https://defisaver.com/
- Github: DeFi Saver - Github
- Number of Employees: 10
- Email: [email protected]
- Incorporated: 2021
- Domiciled: Delaware
- When was the organization founded? 2017 (as team Decenter, while DeFi Saver was initially introduced in January 2019, and later incorporated as such in 2021)
- Who are the major investors in your organization?: N/A
- How much funding has the organization raised either privately or through a token sale?: DeFi Saver is self funded.
- Please provide public references for the above where possible: N/A
Motivation for running a Light Feed
As long time participants in the MakerDAO ecosystem and passionate builders on the MakerDAO protocol, we recognize the importance of maintaining the protocol healthy and want to further help make it more robust.
What has your organization contributed to the crypto community?
DeFi Saver has most notably provided one of the most popular alternative management apps for MakerDAO, ever since early 2019. During our time building in the Maker ecosystem we believe we both helped the protocol grow, as well as maintain its health and stability, especially through major market drops. We have also provided additional tools such as DeFi Explore (an MCD explorer akin to mkr.tools for SCD), a liquidation auctions UI, and automated SCD to MCD migration options, aiding the move to MCD in late 2019.
Successful products, services, tools, libraries, thought-leadership
DeFi Saver as an alternative management app for MakerDAO. (https://app.defisaver.com/)
DeFi Explore as an MCD version of the famous mkr.tools. (https://defiexplore.com/)
Maker auctions UI as an alternative tool for participating in liquidation auctions. (Intro post)
How will the Maker Community benefit from your inclusion as a Light Feed?
Being one of the most well known teams in the MakerDAO ecosystem and among the longest building teams in the DeFi space, we believe our addition as a stakeholder will help further strengthen the MakerDAO ecosystem.