Contributors:
Date Proposed: 2020-11-24
Date Ratified: <yyyy-mm-dd>
---
Domain Role: Operational Support Domain Facilitator
Proposed Applicant: @juanjuan

Application

Motivation

I’ve been helping different people across teams for some time now, learning as much as I could, and stepping up when I thought it was appropriate.

Internally, I’ve been working with Amy Jung, LongForWisdom, and the Mandated Actors, and I believe that I would complement their skillset to achieve scale and decentralization.

The Operational Support domain is an accumulation of a lot of the work we’ve been doing in the background. Given my experience, I would primarily* focus on:

• People: help the different teams to translate strategy into the needed skills, profiling, budgeting, and recruiting strategy. Onboarding, training, and scaling of the teams (knowledge transfer).
  • Financial and Operational Health: financial models / KPIs, compensation improvement + tracking, operational performance; assist with decentralization.
  • Product Growth: customer(s) journey definition, acquisition, onboarding and feedback loops, metrics / KPIs, product development, assist with integrations and partnerships (if applicable)

*I’m expecting these to shift as the DAO evolves, but Collateral Onboarding is the main objective for the foreseeable future.

Credentials

• 7+ years in Fintech (3+ in FX; 2+ in Assets Management)
  • Studied Finance, IT, and Entrepreneurship.
  • Product + Project Management 5+ years
  • Operations + Financial Transformation Manager
  • Comm-Dev team: helping set up and grow a translations team, a bunch of CDIPs and the already existing Governance Summary team.
  • Collateral onboarding
    • helped put together the Collateral Onbarding Framework Model
    • hosted numerous calls with the community and invited various projects of the wider crypto-community (Aave, Curve, Uniswap, 1inch, Balancer, GUSD, TUSD, etc)
    • hosted calls with the RWA team and several projects: 6s Capital, New Silver, ConsolFreight, (Paperchain + RealT on the way)
  • Once I did a diagram
  • Writer of a (blog?) where I explain/categorize blockchain projects

Relevant Information

22 Likes

Great to see this!

2 Likes

I :heavy_plus_sign: for @juanjuan

2 Likes

Really excited for @juanjuan to join this domain. He’s been crucial to sharing great insights and driving projects, especially with collateral onboarding!

2 Likes

Absolutely support this one! Quality and professionalism of some of those initiatives have skyrocketed since Juan started participating :+1:

6 Likes

+111 def in support

1 Like

I’m changing the status to Formal Submission.

5 Likes