MIP39c2-SP#: 1 Author(s): Sébastien Derivaux (@SebVentures) Contributors: N/A Tags: core-unit, cu-rwf-001, active Status: Accepted Date Applied: 2021-01-26 Date Ratified: 2021-25-03
MIP39c2-SP1 adds Core Unit RWF-001: Real-World Finance.
- This Core Unit is designed to pursue Real-World Asset work and more generally helps MakerDAO to take over the traditional finance world.
Name: Real-World Finance
- The mandate of this Core Unit is to bring real-world finance concepts to MakerDAO; Those concepts encompass but are not limited to:
- Investing in Real-World Assets (loans, bonds, structured finance, …)
- Yield curve implications in DeFi
- Accounting, solvency, and potential regulatory reporting
- Use real-world finance to produce more yield while keeping our risk appetite low thanks to wider diversification and risk management tools.
- Be the interface that connects real-world finance with the MakerDAO
- To achieve this mandate the team will be composed of people from diversified backgrounds but with an emphasis on people having experience in traditional finance concepts.
- The Maker Governance can interact and prioritize work with the Core Unit by issuing a Signal Request, an informal poll, or any other means. In case of conflicting messages, the Signal Request will take precedence over any other means.