MIP39c2-SP11: Strategic Happiness Core Unit

Preamble

MIP39c2-SP#: 11
Author(s): Andrew Burban (@Saint.Burban)
Contributors:
Date Applied: <2021-05-11>
Date Ratified: <yyyy-mm-dd>

Sentence Summary

MIP39c2-SP11 adds Core Unit SH-001: Strategic Happiness

Specification

Motivation

We aim to promote community engagement by strategically spreading happiness, positive vibes, and mild but delightful confusion throughout the Maker Community via memes, shitposts, and Bespoke Happiness Airdrops.

Core Unit Name | ID

• Name: The Strategic Happiness Core Unit
  • ID: SH-001

Core Unit Facilitators

• @Saint.Burban: Random-Time, Shitpost Facilitator, Chief Happiness Officer

Core Unit Mandate

• The mandate of this Core Unit is to:
    • Promote community engagement
    • Spread happiness and positive vibes
    • Cut through tension using creative methods
    • Shitpost regularly
    • Distribute Bespoke Happiness Airdrops
      • We will work with the MakerDAO Shop Core Unit, MDS-001, to welcome new and existing community members with all kinds of surprises.

Bespoke Happiness Airdrops

• The idea behind these Happiness Airdrops is to identify, acquire, and engage new and existing community members through a unique outreach approach.
  • It’s one thing when someone comes to Maker’s Rocket.Chat, Telegram, Reddit, Discord, etc. and is welcomed by helpful people. They feel that we have an active, intelligent, and generous community… willing to help them at all hours, any day.
  • What sets us apart with the Happiness Airdrop though… receiving a custom package with a personalized handwritten welcome card, some swag, and another gift or two… really leaves a much more lasting and personal impression.
  • They become much more likely to feel genuinely welcomed by and part of the community. Maker becomes more like a family than another impersonal, albeit competent, organization.

Airdrop Candidates

Here are some examples of likely airdrop candidates:

• New, vocal members on G&R calls
  • Community members that play a vital role in onboarding new members
  • Survey responders
  • User research interviewees
  • People on Twitter or in real life that are just curious about Maker and decentralization
  • Doubters and haters
  • Anyone consistent enough on Rocket.Chat for me to notice
  • Anyone that leaves an emoji on my comments
  • Anyone that just rubs me the right way

Team Structure

Facilitators will be responsible for sharing irregularly scheduled memes and shitposts, Reaching out to new members on Rocket.Chat, Twitter, etc., to try to send them airdrops. Generally, promote positivity and lightheartedness within the Maker Community.

Title Commitment Name
Shitpost Facilitator Random-Time Andrew Burban

Team Credentials

Andrew Burban

Andrew Burban is a professional shitposter, memer, insomniac, and degen. He currently has no clue what he is doing but seems to be pretty good at it. He tends to be pretty good with people and somehow is able to elicit a laugh from many of them. He can be too much for some people at first, but eventually, to his bewilderment, they grow to like him.

His first introduction to crypto was a crash course on Ponzis, stealing all his BTC and resetting him to zero (see: The Gelfman Blueprint). Later, he rode the 2017 bubble to life-changing riches before losing it all again, chasing ICOs, FOMOing into shitcoins, and catching falling knives buying “the dip” as the bear market began. He believed in the tech… and he knew Bitcoin was going to $40k! HODL! He was surprised to learn that number does not only go up.

Andrew has been with Maker since mid-2015, and, to his credit, MKR has been the one position he has never sold and likely never will. He has been involved in Community-Development for several years, introducing dozens of new people to the space. Recently, he has become more involved in governance and the Maker Community as a whole.

Shout Outs

@iammeeoh

Iammeooh is an anon Maker Community member. He is a world-renown dottore and a charismatic contrarian. He loves memes, Maker, intelligent discussions, and the occasional ape. He is active on the forums and provides valuable insights into governance discussions.

iammeooh gave me the final nudge to throw this MIP up :slight_smile:

@brianmcmichael

Brian was the original spark for this idea in the first place.

"Burban when your “Shitpost Facilitator” MIP going live?

Budget

• 0.00 DAI budget required from the DAO.

Related MIPS

MIP40c3-SP14: The Strategic Happiness Core Unit Budget, SH-001
MIP41c4-SP11: Shitpost Facilitator Onboarding, Strategic Happiness Core Unit, SH-001

25 Likes

Kudos for creativity! If you guys charge 0 DAI for all that, or at least take memes back as payment, you should be onboarded for sure :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I would absolutely go all in on such a core unit. Think of the ROIC!

1 Like

when BRKR airdrop?

2 Likes

I hereby confirm that the author of the proposal and, indeed, the only proposed initial team member does in fact provide happiness, positive vibes, and mild but delightful confusion in all interactions I’ve had with them.

NB: There was no rubbing the right way involved.

Kudos for the effort on the proposal!

2 Likes

I often hear “why don’t Maker devs shitpost like those bunny-eared devs?”

Well, sers, it’s because we’re working hard in the solidity mines every day to protec your funds.

I can vouch for the quality and volume of @aburban90’s shitposts and offer and suggest that the community accepts it as a dank alternative to having the core-devs lollygagging on twitter.

12 Likes

This is a top Tier CU, for sure we need happiness spreading within Maker :raised_hands:

1 Like

MakerDAO Shop heartily endorses this idea. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I can vouch for the quality and volume of @aburban90’s shitposts and offer and suggest that the community accepts it as a dank alternative to having the core-devs lollygagging on twitter.

T-shirt request: “MakerDAO - No Lollygagging Since 2015”

also “MakerDAO - Strategic Patience” (w/ wojak happy mask but crying underneath meme)

10 Likes

These are noted!

4 Likes

I want one…

4 Likes

I can’t like this enough.

1 Like

I think I’d recommend the DAO only approve around 50% for the first year.

6 Likes

The gas fees alone will be ~∞ the value of the requested amount. I suggest we wait for a viable L2 solution before approving this inefficient proposal.

3 Likes

I still have glitter on my floor from a strategic card airdrop by the potential facilitator. 100% endorse @aburban90

3 Likes

loving the vibes

allocating funds can cause a lot of tension, particularly in a fully open/decentralized context. glad to see a light hearted riposte

a fun committee could absolutely be worthy of funding in the future imho :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Is this where we post all the memes now?

I spent way too much time on this. We need a Strategic Happiness Core Unit for this hard work.

10 Likes

Love it!!
Can you send the high res of the one of the right? I want to add it to my wallpapers!

this is awesome.

2 Likes

Just discovered this and the proposal itself has already provide much happiness! Amazing idea <3

1 Like