MIP39c2-SP#: 11 Author(s): Andrew Burban (@Saint.Burban) Contributors: Status: RFC Date Applied: <2021-05-11> Date Ratified: <yyyy-mm-dd>
MIP39c2-SP11 adds Core Unit SH-001: Strategic Happiness
We aim to promote community engagement by strategically spreading happiness, positive vibes, and mild but delightful confusion throughout the Maker Community via memes, shitposts, and Bespoke Happiness Airdrops.
- Name: The Strategic Happiness Core Unit
- ID: SH-001
- @Saint.Burban: Random-Time, Shitpost Facilitator, Chief Happiness Officer
- The mandate of this Core Unit is to:
- Promote community engagement
- Spread happiness and positive vibes
- Cut through tension using creative methods
- Shitpost regularly
- Distribute Bespoke Happiness Airdrops
- We will work with the MakerDAO Shop Core Unit, MDS-001, to welcome new and existing community members with all kinds of surprises.
- The idea behind these Happiness Airdrops is to identify, acquire, and engage new and existing community members through a unique outreach approach.
- It’s one thing when someone comes to Maker’s Rocket.Chat, Telegram, Reddit, Discord, etc. and is welcomed by helpful people. They feel that we have an active, intelligent, and generous community… willing to help them at all hours, any day.
- What sets us apart with the Happiness Airdrop though… receiving a custom package with a personalized handwritten welcome card, some swag, and another gift or two… really leaves a much more lasting and personal impression.
- They become much more likely to feel genuinely welcomed by and part of the community. Maker becomes more like a family than another impersonal, albeit competent, organization.
Here are some examples of likely airdrop candidates:
- New, vocal members on G&R calls
- Community members that play a vital role in onboarding new members
- Survey responders
- User research interviewees
- People on Twitter or in real life that are just curious about Maker and decentralization
- Doubters and haters
- Anyone consistent enough on Rocket.Chat for me to notice
- Anyone that leaves an emoji on my comments
- Anyone that just rubs me the right way
Facilitators will be responsible for sharing irregularly scheduled memes and shitposts, Reaching out to new members on Rocket.Chat, Twitter, etc., to try to send them airdrops. Generally, promote positivity and lightheartedness within the Maker Community.
|Shitpost Facilitator||Random-Time||Andrew Burban|
Andrew Burban is a professional shitposter, memer, insomniac, and degen. He currently has no clue what he is doing but seems to be pretty good at it. He tends to be pretty good with people and somehow is able to elicit a laugh from many of them. He can be too much for some people at first, but eventually, to his bewilderment, they grow to like him.
His first introduction to crypto was a crash course on Ponzis, stealing all his BTC and resetting him to zero (see: The Gelfman Blueprint). Later, he rode the 2017 bubble to life-changing riches before losing it all again, chasing ICOs, FOMOing into shitcoins, and catching falling knives buying “the dip” as the bear market began. He believed in the tech… and he knew Bitcoin was going to $40k! HODL! He was surprised to learn that number does not only go up.
Andrew has been with Maker since mid-2015, and, to his credit, MKR has been the one position he has never sold and likely never will. He has been involved in Community-Development for several years, introducing dozens of new people to the space. Recently, he has become more involved in governance and the Maker Community as a whole.
Iammeooh is an anon Maker Community member. He is a world-renown dottore and a charismatic contrarian. He loves memes, Maker, intelligent discussions, and the occasional ape. He is active on the forums and provides valuable insights into governance discussions.
iammeooh gave me the final nudge to throw this MIP up
Brian was the original spark for this idea in the first place.
"Burban when your “Shitpost Facilitator” MIP going live?
- 0.00 DAI budget required from the DAO.