MIP39c2-SP5: Content Production Core Unit, MKT-001
MIP39c2-SP#: 5 Author(s): Seth Goldfarb Contributors: Jerry Goldfarb, Tom DeMichele Status: RFC Date Applied: 2021-03-03 Date Ratified: <yyyy-mm-dd>
MakerDAO needs a Core Unit responsible for the content produced by the DAO.
A content-focused Core Unit will enable other Core Units and the DAO itself to engage in Content Marketing. Content Marketing is about telling stories that encourage stakeholders to act in ways that support the goals of a person or organization.
The Maker ecosystem is full of stories that deserve to be told and by providing interested audiences with educational and entertaining stories, the Content Production Core Unit will provide an ongoing stream of opportunities for people to engage with MakerDAO.
Core Unit Name
- Content Production Core Unit
Core Unit Facilitator/s
Core Unit Mandate
The Content Production core unit will be responsible for creating, and supporting the creation of written, audio, and visual content that educates audiences on MakerDAO, promotes the work and culture of the ecosystem, and encourages people to use Dai and the Maker Protocol.
The goals of the Content Production core unit will be to:
- Enhance MakerDAO’s position as a reputable authority on topics like decentralized governance, token engineering, and DeFi.
- Produce entertaining and educational content that promotes engagement with Dai and the Maker Protocol.
- Produce promotional content for other Core Units and provide resources to educate the ecosystem on best practices in content production and distribution.
The primary focus of our first three months will be to
During this period, team members will continue lending support to projects like:
Month 1: Setup and Coordinate
- Incorporate and set up administrative operations (payroll, etc.)
- Implement a Request For Content (RFC) process
- Work with the Legal Core Unit to determine legal limitations on content and needs with regard to IP (copyright/trademark/TOS).
- Work with other Core Units to surface content-related needs and coordinate the management of MakerDAO’s digital properties, including, but not limited to:
- Maker Blog
Month 2: Strategize, Execute, and Renew
- Develop a content strategy based on organizational goals, define KPIs to measure the effectiveness of our efforts, and determine staffing needs
- Hire content creators and onboard them with Opolis
- Start producing and distributing content
- Report on our progress and submit a budget proposal to continue our work
Month 3: Produce, Report, and Renew
- Provide feedback to RFC on the budget proposal
- Continue producing content and reporting results
This unit will consist of a small team capable of facilitating the production of written, audio, and video content as well as infographics in collaboration with the Design Core Unit.
Accountability will be demonstrated through regular updates on goals and KPIs.
|Facilitator / Content||Full-time||Seth Goldfarb|
|Audio Engineer / Podcast Producer||Full-time||Jerry Goldfarb|
|SEO & Writer||Part-time||Tom DeMichele|
- Delaware-based S-Corp
- Contributors will be employees unless they prefer to freelance.
- Payments not yet decided. Considering Opolis or the Keg
Members of this team bring expertise in content marketing and production, audio engineering, and SEO.
Seth Goldfarb is a Content Marketing professional who’s spent the last four years helping industry leaders tell better stories about the development of blockchain and cryptocurrency.
Jerry Goldfarb brings over eight years of experience as an Audio Production Specialist and five years of project management experience, led the production of pilot episodes for the audio version of Maker Relay, and has produced content for GovComms, the Forum Badges team, and CommDev.
Tom DeMichele is a Content Marketing veteran who specializes in SEO with over ten years of experience and has been a Managing Partner at Alexander Benjamin Consulting for the past seven years.
You can see this team’s work for MakerDAO in: