We were allowing one whole week before the Formal Submission. We have followed the MIP process and its deadlines. We were under the impression that the Freeze Period (and its deadline) ensures no one changes something before it goes into voting. Yet, the feedback received suggests that SES shouldn’t include this MIP in the next cycle because we are not allowing enough time. There’s still one week of
RFC where we could receive feedback (granted, not modify anything based on it). We could, however, decide to make the Formal Submission or not based on that feedback.
If being too close to the deadline is a no-go, maybe we should move the deadline (or make it more precise).
We indeed had this framework prepared when we published the subproposal. We did not want to post it to avoid swaying the MKR Compensation Working Group (in a way or another). We honestly presumed that some framework would be drafted by now (at least in an early form).
Our MKR Compensation Proposal is based on the 180-day price average of MKR’s price (we want to use this Framework when MKR is $40,000 as well as $400,000). We held it for three weeks and ended reviewing our MKR proposal down (because the price of MKR went up). I don’t think anyone is thrilled about waiting any longer.
Arguably, our MKR Compensation Plan is less aggressive than the one proposed by Protocol Engineering.
We’re proposing, on average, about a third of the MKR per FTE, compared the Protocol Engineering’s proposal.
Many people in SES will not go ahead without the MKR Compensation within the Compensation Package. We hold that this (similarly to the Dai Compensation) is vital for the team’s development. I cannot stress this point enough.
That said, we don’t want to alienate you (or anyone in Governance) and show goodwill on our side:
- We will split the MKR Compensation Implementation Budget from the Dai Compensation Budget.
- Since this is a “new” Budget Implementation (more from a technical than a practical point of view) it will fall into the next cycle. We will review it and publish it before the deadline.
- We will lock the amount of MKR to the price already calculated in our proposal. We think this is a good compromise.