MIP41c4-SP#: 18 Author(s): @sorenpeter Contributors: @juanjuan Tags: dai-foundation, core-unit, daif-001, facilitator Status: Formal Submission (FS) Date Applied: 2021-07-07 Date Ratified: YYYY-MM-DD
MIP41c4-SP18 onboards Søren Peter Nielsen as Facilitator for the Dai Foundation Core Unit.
I have been the formal touchpoint between the Dai Foundation board and Governance. This subproposal intends to formalize this link.
I am motivated by enabling software solutions that
- Support access to financial services for everyone on equal terms
- Implement programmable money – the internet unleashed huge value by connecting producer and consumer without middlemen in most industries, but not so much for payments and financial services
I am convinced that technologies and concepts like decentralization, cloud, IoT, social, mobile, open data – and notably the Maker Protocol - can change the way we live, work and play, and I’m convinced that working with skilled, motivated people makes the difference.
I recognize that no team/unit can act as an island in our global world, and I have past experience of creating results while working with a complex ecosystem of stakeholders.
The following describes my commitment and actions as the Dai Foundation Core Unit Facilitator, to:
- Serve as a point of contact between the Dai Foundation board, the Governance-appointed Maker Asset Use Coordinator, the Governance Community and other facilitators to ensure a cohesive understanding of team deliverables and progress.
- Represent the Dai Foundation Core Unit
- Work with the Community to:
- Enable access to Maker intellectual property for the good of the protocol, as frictionless as possible, and evolve the current trademark policy as needed
- Create awareness of the importance of passing copyright for new Maker intellectual property deliverables to Dai Foundation for safekeeping
- Foster a good dialogue with the community around the principles to apply for the safeguarding of the trademarks in case of forks of the protocol
- Ensure Dai Foundation representatives are active on the Maker Forum and available as points of contact
- Work with the Community to:
- Make sure the Dai Foundation board is aware of all relevant developments in the Maker Governance Community
Dai Foundation Core Unit
Søren Peter Nielsen
- Forum handle:
- Discord handle:
- Joined Maker Foundation in January 2018 as Head of Product
- Helped scale the product development organization fast in 2018
- Built Product Management team and provided product support for the MCD development
- Focused on applications utilizing the Maker Protocol post-MCD: Oasis, Token Flow, Decentralized exchange projects, real-world asset projects
- Danish Cleanweb community lead (The Cleanweb non-profit initiative aimed at helping entrepreneurs, innovators, and enterprises leverage information technology to drive massive improvements in global sustainability, economic prosperity, and human well-being.)
- Approx. 8 years of work in startups in areas of consumer IoT, Industrial IoT, Critical Infrastructure security
- Worked 8 years for the Danish Government
- Established Public Sector architecture process
- Built shared services, notably in federated identity
- Published discussion paper about new digital security models
- Introduced cloud computing to the public sector
- Very much involved in the SAML standardization and other cross national IT initiatives
- Prior to the above worked 20 years for IBM building solutions across a wide number of industries