Preamble

MIP41c4-SP#: 18
Author(s): @sorenpeter  
Contributors: @juanjuan
Tags: dai-foundation, core-unit, daif-001, facilitator
Date Applied: 2021-07-07
Date Ratified: YYYY-MM-DD

Sentence Summary

MIP41c4-SP18 onboards Søren Peter Nielsen as Facilitator for the Dai Foundation Core Unit.

Motivation

I have been the formal touchpoint between the Dai Foundation board and Governance. This subproposal intends to formalize this link.

I am motivated by enabling software solutions that

• Support access to financial services for everyone on equal terms
  • Implement programmable money – the internet unleashed huge value by connecting producer and consumer without middlemen in most industries, but not so much for payments and financial services

I am convinced that technologies and concepts like decentralization, cloud, IoT, social, mobile, open data – and notably the Maker Protocol - can change the way we live, work and play, and I’m convinced that working with skilled, motivated people makes the difference.

I recognize that no team/unit can act as an island in our global world, and I have past experience of creating results while working with a complex ecosystem of stakeholders.

Facilitator Commitment

The following describes my commitment and actions as the Dai Foundation Core Unit Facilitator, to:

• Serve as a point of contact between the Dai Foundation board, the Governance-appointed Maker Asset Use Coordinator, the Governance Community and other facilitators to ensure a cohesive understanding of team deliverables and progress.
  • Represent the Dai Foundation Core Unit
    • Work with the Community to:
      • Enable access to Maker intellectual property for the good of the protocol, as frictionless as possible, and evolve the current trademark policy as needed
      • Create awareness of the importance of passing copyright for new Maker intellectual property deliverables to Dai Foundation for safekeeping
      • Foster a good dialogue with the community around the principles to apply for the safeguarding of the trademarks in case of forks of the protocol
    • Ensure Dai Foundation representatives are active on the Maker Forum and available as points of contact
  • Make sure the Dai Foundation board is aware of all relevant developments in the Maker Governance Community

Core Unit

Dai Foundation Core Unit

Facilitator Name and Information

• Name: Søren Peter Nielsen
  • Forum handle: @sorenpeter
  • Discord handle: sorenpeter#2928

Facilitator Credentials

Experience at Maker

• Joined Maker Foundation in January 2018 as Head of Product
  • Helped scale the product development organization fast in 2018
  • Built Product Management team and provided product support for the MCD development
  • Focused on applications utilizing the Maker Protocol post-MCD: Oasis, Token Flow, Decentralized exchange projects, real-world asset projects

Experience prior to Maker

• Danish Cleanweb community lead (The Cleanweb non-profit initiative aimed at helping entrepreneurs, innovators, and enterprises leverage information technology to drive massive improvements in global sustainability, economic prosperity, and human well-being.)
  • Approx. 8 years of work in startups in areas of consumer IoT, Industrial IoT, Critical Infrastructure security
  • Worked 8 years for the Danish Government
    • Established Public Sector architecture process
    • Built shared services, notably in federated identity
    • Published discussion paper about new digital security models
    • Introduced cloud computing to the public sector
    • Very much involved in the SAML standardization and other cross national IT initiatives
  • Prior to the above worked 20 years for IBM building solutions across a wide number of industries

Related Documents

9 Likes

Sounds good Soren! Hope to have you around with the Maker Community for many years.

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing so much detail about your professional experience, it cements the confidence to support your request by knowing that you bring so much value to task

2 Likes

I want to formally submit MIP41c4-SP18

Thanks

2 Likes

Updated MIP41c4-SP18:

Status > Formal Submission

@sorenpeter
@juan

1 Like