MIP41c4-SP#: 22 Author(s): Tim Schuppener (@ultraschuppi) Contributors: Tags: core-unit, cu-skunk-001, facilitator Status: RFC Date Applied: 2021-09-01 Date Ratified: <yyyy-mm-dd>
MIP41c4-SP22 onboards Tim Schuppener as Facilitator for the MakerLabs Core Unit.
I joined the crypto ecosystem pretty late (winter 2017) but learned about Maker quite early as there were very few projects around. The idea of taking a loan on a collateral in a permissionless way, without a man in the middle and by that providing a pegged asset into the volatile crypto market was very appealing to me so I started following and using the product.
I believe we did a great job so far on focusing on the core without getting distracted too much. However, I think we should start running more experiments - something MakerLabs can support.
Coming from a software engineering perspective, the idea of open-source has been a constant theme for me. MakerDAO feels to me like an open-source project, but with skin in the game. I guess nobody already knows how DAOs will work in the long run and I really like the idea of not knowing that but finding out on my own and being part of that journey.
During my professional career I always found it most enjoyable to jump into a new topic, gather people around it, craft a plan on how to move forward and execute on it. My interest on a topic tends to drift away from it once the hard problems are solved and it moves into maintenance/harvesting mode. In the past, I just looked for the next topic to jump on and repeat.
Working for MakerLabs would allow me to stick to the stuff I like most while not having the need to move to the next company as soon as the next topic needs to be found.
Name: Tim Schuppener
I will be the main link between the Core Unit and the Maker Community, Governance and other Core Unit Facilitators. I will make sure all aspects of the Core Unit including
will be reported and in line with the needs of the DAO.
A pretty classic “from user to contributor” story you can see at open source products:
- Minted my first SAI and bought my first MKR in Spring 2018
- started liquidating underwater CDPs a couple of months later
- lurked in rocketchat for a year, at some point joined the forum
- started bombarding the forum with Signal Requests, built up a pretty solid understanding about the protocol
- pitched eurDai
- happy member of the MOMC
- Bachelor in Computer Science (2002-2005)
- Senior Engineer and Multiple Management Positions at 1&1 (2002-2017)
- Bootstrapped the cloud product line and the corresponding team at SICK (2017-2019)
- Bootstrapped the cloud product and the corresponding team at Camunda (2019-today)