MIP41c4-SP22: Facilitator Onboarding (MakerLabs)

MIP41c4-SP22: Facilitator Onboarding (MakerLabs)

MIP41c4-SP#: 22
Author(s): Tim Schuppener (@ultraschuppi)
Contributors:
Tags: core-unit, cu-skunk-001, facilitator
Date Applied: 2021-09-01
Date Ratified: <yyyy-mm-dd>

Sentence Summary

MIP41c4-SP22 onboards Tim Schuppener as Facilitator for the MakerLabs Core Unit.

Specification

Motivation

Product

I joined the crypto ecosystem pretty late (winter 2017) but learned about Maker quite early as there were very few projects around. The idea of taking a loan on a collateral in a permissionless way, without a man in the middle and by that providing a pegged asset into the volatile crypto market was very appealing to me so I started following and using the product.

I believe we did a great job so far on focusing on the core without getting distracted too much. However, I think we should start running more experiments - something MakerLabs can support.

DAO

Coming from a software engineering perspective, the idea of open-source has been a constant theme for me. MakerDAO feels to me like an open-source project, but with skin in the game. I guess nobody already knows how DAOs will work in the long run and I really like the idea of not knowing that but finding out on my own and being part of that journey.

Starter, not Finisher

During my professional career I always found it most enjoyable to jump into a new topic, gather people around it, craft a plan on how to move forward and execute on it. My interest on a topic tends to drift away from it once the hard problems are solved and it moves into maintenance/harvesting mode. In the past, I just looked for the next topic to jump on and repeat.

Working for MakerLabs would allow me to stick to the stuff I like most while not having the need to move to the next company as soon as the next topic needs to be found.

Core Unit ID

SKUNK-001

Facilitator name and information

Name: Tim Schuppener
Forum: @ultraschuppi
R/C: @schuppi
ETH Address: TBD

Facilitator Commitment

I will be the main link between the Core Unit and the Maker Community, Governance and other Core Unit Facilitators. I will make sure all aspects of the Core Unit including

• priorities
  • plans
  • progress
  • costs

will be reported and in line with the needs of the DAO.

Facilitator Credentials

Experience at Maker

A pretty classic “from user to contributor” story you can see at open source products:

• Minted my first SAI and bought my first MKR in Spring 2018
  • started liquidating underwater CDPs a couple of months later
  • lurked in rocketchat for a year, at some point joined the forum
  • started bombarding the forum with Signal Requests, built up a pretty solid understanding about the protocol
  • pitched eurDai
  • happy member of the MOMC

Experience outside of Maker

• Bachelor in Computer Science (2002-2005)
  • Senior Engineer and Multiple Management Positions at 1&1 (2002-2017)
  • Bootstrapped the cloud product line and the corresponding team at SICK (2017-2019)
  • Bootstrapped the cloud product and the corresponding team at Camunda (2019-today)

Related Documents

7 Likes